PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Ross Whats the story behind JF Springer

SifuAbel
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
He's claiming to be the absolute best of his generation. That no one has ever beaten him, yadda yadda yadda.

He is in your neck of the woods so to speak. Any info. Is this guy anywhere near for real?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=720768&postcount=380

truewrestler
09-07-2005, 01:32 PM
oh ****...he is fighting that Asian dude? Sweet!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27016&page=1&pp=15

When he says 91/7, I'm guessing he meant 9/7 .....so the fight is today?

SifuAbel
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
9/17 more or less. and its Asia not asian. He's a big army dude.

truewrestler
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
oh ok, 9/17

I meant Asia... I remember a bullshido gathering video a while back with him fighting.

By the way...if I were a betting man...I'd put money on this JF Springer guy being a troll or maybe just a complete loser.

SifuAbel
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Well he's supposed to be a Hung gar "master" he also trains lion's roar so Ross might be able to shed some light on this guy.

vitriolic

brothernumber9
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Springer is a relatively big guy himself with most of his focus over the past few years seeming to be on hakka mantis systems. He's quite vitrolic (sp) at times through his posts and has seemed to make a lot more enemies than friends on various forums throughout the years, but no one has debunked his claims at least in regard to his status "inside the door" in NYC, I think it's Hip SIng Tong or Hop Sing Tong, I don't recall. In the past he didn't seem to be against video taping any of his fights if they ever were to occur.

If it does go down it would be interesting to see the fight, minus any footage of someone getting killed, if that were to so happen.

lkfmdc
09-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't know him at all really, but from what I've seen of his internet postings, he's got some severe personal problems

SifuAbel
09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
He supposedly trains with a lion's roar practitioner.

http://lionsroar.name/master_john_f_springer.htm

truewrestler
09-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the link. I wasn't even sure if he was a real person.

SimonM
09-07-2005, 05:55 PM
That Springer guy like never smiles in photographs. Have you noticed that? Every shot on his website he is frowning. So did the fight ever happen?

Ben Gash
09-08-2005, 02:12 AM
There's a lineage with him on here http://www.geocities.com/whitecranefist/hopgarlamalineage.htm

Dale Dugas
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah he is mean and does not smile much but then neither did Chang Tung Sheng.

John is going to battle Evil Asia who is an ARMY SSGT on 9/17.

Should be very interesting.

John cannot stomach trolls and treats them accordingly. Better than they deserve, but hey I have a total trash mouth too. Better than they deserve anyway.

Dale Dugas

David Jamieson
09-08-2005, 07:33 AM
:rolleyes:

we'll see how this goes.

just for the sake of it, my moolah is on asia. At least he competes regularly with the young bucks.

Dunno if a website says anything, but the Springer dude looks like he spends most of his time sitting around with chubby mucky mucks in the Chinese community and apparently doesn't have much showing any fight material on himself.

If all I ever worked out with was my younger kungfu friends or students, then I'd have to say I was unbeatable too! lol

Looking tough and being tough are too vastly different things.
Someone's cup is a gonna get emptied again.
Tea will spill! Spill I tell ya!

anyway, booyah and all that.
Be nice to see some vid on an internet challenge finally though.

SimonM
09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah they never seem to materialize.

gwa sow
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
well, i'm for asia. he studied choy lay fut a litlle bit with the lee koon hung school a while back, so he can't be to bad :D

lkfmdc
09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Springer thinks he's the only "real guy" and thinks he's so great.... he's no troll slayer, he's a major troll himself... He tried to imply I never got "real" Lama at one point only to have his own teacher, Steve Richards, tell him he was an idiot and was making them look bad ;)

SevenStar
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
personality wise, he's a pr!ck. Other than that, I don't know much about him. he's been banninated from this forum several times under several different names due to harassment, racial slurs and other such things.

superCool
09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
So this fight is Sept 17th at Cooper Park? What time?

sean_stonehart
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
IIRC ... Hip Sing is in NYC not Hop Sing

MonkeySlap Too
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
"racial slurs and other such things"

Which will make Asia beating him down all that much sweeter....

superCool
09-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know what time the fight will be? Sept. 17, what time?

brothernumber9
09-08-2005, 01:05 PM
cooper park is in MD?

SifuAbel
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Springer thinks he's the only "real guy" and thinks he's so great.... he's no troll slayer, he's a major troll himself... He tried to imply I never got "real" Lama at one point only to have his own teacher, Steve Richards, tell him he was an idiot and was making them look bad ;)

Ha! What a Lamer.

I love that line, "I'm the very best of my generation. No one has ever beaten me.".

superCool
09-08-2005, 01:34 PM
has a time been determined yet? I'm going down there to watch the fight and meet Springer.

Ou Ji
09-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I hate when guys think they're the only 'real guys'. I bet his sifu never even killed anyone.

lkfmdc
09-08-2005, 01:37 PM
"No one has ever beaten me."

Translation: "I've never really fought anyone of any skill"

:rolleyes:

superCool
09-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Dam, this is making me want to fight him even more. I was supposed to fight Springer about 3 years ago. I'm Ralek.

Royal Dragon
09-08-2005, 07:38 PM
You are not Ralek...

SimonM
09-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Ok, regardless of whether or not this latest lame-o troll is Ralek can somebody answer one question for me?

Who is Ralek?

brothernumber9
09-09-2005, 05:41 AM
the troll that started it all.

superCool
09-09-2005, 06:09 AM
I am Ralek. The reason i'm not on that screen name is becuase it was banned. On all my posts i had links to drawings of naked girls. They were just drawings, but that was too much for the kungfu moderators to handle and they banned me.

Moderators, if you unban Ralek i will use that screen name again.

The reason i've come back is because i've been lurking a little and saw the JF springer post. And that is the same tard that backed out of a challenge fight at Cooper Park like 3-4 years ago. And then claimed that I was the one who backed out. I got there 30 minutes early and stayed 30 minutes late. No Springer.

TonyM.
09-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Shut the fek up arsehole. Or I'll sick Springer on you again, sissy.

superCool
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
i'm going to the maryalnd "bullshido throwdown". So maybe you'll all get to see a tape of me and springer. He's a shyster lawyer and edited an email i sent him. I called his house, and left a message on his answer machine ( a few years ago) but stopped trying to contact him after that.

PangQuan
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
there are a couple links here with info on this springer guy. can i get a link to some info on this "asia" person?

thanks

SifuAbel
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Now he's even better than wong fei hung.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=722546&postcount=605

PangQuan
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
now thats just rediculous. I know nothing of this "asia" person, but im hoping they beat the snot out of that self ritious *****.

sean_stonehart
09-09-2005, 12:01 PM
OMFG... :eek:

lkfmdc
09-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Now he's even better than wong fei hung.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=722546&postcount=605

as if you needed any more evidence he's a world class ****! :rolleyes:

PangQuan
09-09-2005, 12:15 PM
so any info on this "asia" person.

even just a few lines about them will work, no link needed.

gender, how long training, age, etc....

SifuAbel
09-09-2005, 12:19 PM
as if you needed any more evidence he's a world class ****! :rolleyes:

No, I got the gist of that early on. It is amazing, the outright size of this guy's nut sack.

full page http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?p=722603#post722603

MasterKiller
09-09-2005, 12:23 PM
so any info on this "asia" person.

even just a few lines about them will work, no link needed.

gender, how long training, age, etc....

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=9141

PangQuan
09-09-2005, 12:29 PM
thanks mk, more than i expected.

superCool
09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
this place really has changed. Back when i was challenging him, you all respected him so much. Probably because i was the BJJ guy and he was kung fu.

He's supposedly fighting Asia on 1 day, then going to the maryland bullshido.net throw down on another day. I might go to both. Definatly not missing the throwdown.

SifuAbel
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Actually, it was because you threw more of a hissy fit . Not really a style issue. You done growing up yet? :rolleyes:

Samurai Jack
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Wow, we really need to get KFM to let us post photos. That was a nice view on that Bullshido link...

Now what were we talking about?

bong
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Springer is a relatively big guy himself with most of his focus over the past few years seeming to be on hakka mantis systems. He's quite vitrolic (sp) at times through his posts and has seemed to make a lot more enemies than friends on various forums throughout the years, but no one has debunked his claims at least in regard to his status "inside the door" in NYC, I think it's Hip SIng Tong or Hop Sing Tong, I don't recall. In the past he didn't seem to be against video taping any of his fights if they ever were to occur.

If it does go down it would be interesting to see the fight, minus any footage of someone getting killed, if that were to so happen.

Knowledge of kung-fu is not a prerequisite for admission into the Hip Sing Tong or the Chinese Freemasons. Both organizations have many, many members who do not practice any kind of kung-fu. They are fraternal organizations with ties to martial arts and are not sanctioning bodies of any martial arts style, lineage or pai.

Mr. Springer should be congratulated for his accomplishments.

SimonM
09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
OMFG! I can't believe that ******* said he was better than Wong Fei Hung! The guy is virtually a culture hero! Lam Sai Wing, his student, is still used by a lot of people as the bench mark for how to practice Hung Gar!

Has this man not the slightest shred of modesty?

Humility?

superCool
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
To Springers credit, old masters tend to get elevated to godly status. In reality if Springer got in a time machine and went back to fight Wong Fei Hung he might very well win. Who knows? It's similar to Bruce Lee, deluded fans think he could take out the worlds top fighters like Fedor, Crocop, ect. in under a minute. In reality he had mixed results in actual fights. Lost or fought to a draw against Wong Jack Man (different people say different thigns). He got tooled by a judo guy (Gene le bell) during friendly training. He had no takedown defense at all.

I think just about any big guy who knows how to wrestling/box could take out alot of martial arts masters.

Springer is going to lose to me though. So then that will make me the great soke grandmaster of praying mantus kung fu.

bong
09-10-2005, 09:43 AM
OMFG! I can't believe that ******* said he was better than Wong Fei Hung! The guy is virtually a culture hero! Lam Sai Wing, his student, is still used by a lot of people as the bench mark for how to practice Hung Gar!

Has this man not the slightest shred of modesty?

Humility?

Ask Mr. Springer who certified him in Hung Gar. The answer is Bill Chung. Now ask who taught Chung his Hung Gar. Jack will never answer that. Chung learned his Hung Gar up in the Chinese Freemasons under the instruction of Gin Foon Mark. The Hung Gar that was taught there was a prerequiste for beginners, and was not complete by any means. It was more for excerise than fighting. Ask Jack for his lineage in Hung Gar. Its a short list.

Badger
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I beat Mr. Springer already.

After being invited on his show he brought in some white-trash surprise guest who accused me of a bunch of crap. he threw a chair at me but missed. i proceeded to kick the living doo-doo out of the guest ,springer & his bald bodyguard....ah good times!

truewrestler
09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
any info on the upcoming fight? I can't find much on Bullshido forum

LJL
09-17-2005, 01:43 PM
any info on the upcoming fight? I can't find much on Bullshido forum

Supposedly pushed back to the 24th due to Asia's military obligations.

gwa sow
09-18-2005, 03:16 PM
:mad: **** you uncle sam :mad: