PDA

View Full Version : Andy (Judo Grandmaster) and his m8's teaching self-defense!

Samurai Jack
09-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I found this awesome website where Andy (Judo Grandmaster) shows everything there is to know about fighting. I'm so glad Mega-Fist has taught everyone about real self-defense, since we'd be lost without his m8 Andy (Judo Grandmaster)!

Check out Andy (Judo Grandmaster) ! (http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/KubatonIII.htm)

ShaolinWood
09-08-2005, 01:30 AM
WOOOOOOW that's awesome!!
I think Andy (the master-in-blonde) has a thorough understanding of Chan Su Jing and neiGong.

The way he redirects the opponent's energy AND effectively attack pressure points is just mind-blowing!

I will now continue to set it as my homepage....

SimonM
09-08-2005, 01:39 AM
I gotta add this link...

http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/knifetoneck3.htm

I must admit that I enjoy playing with knives to be blunt the knife is the weapon a person is most likely going to have to defend against in the real world and the weapon that a person is most likely to have the opportunity to use in the teatre of self defense. As much as I love swords a guy with a three foot jian attracts attention that a guy with a knife doesn't.

Trying a move like "O Sensei Harold" here would be a good way to get your throat cut. Kids: don't try this at home!

Ben Gash
09-08-2005, 02:05 AM
That was really quite shocking.

Ou Ji
09-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Holy crap!!! That first one actually happened to me. A smaller guy came from behind and reached around and grabbed my wrists.

I didn't know what to do. I struggled for awhile in panic then started to cry (hey, I was a young 19 at the time). The assailant ran off and I never found out who it was (though I suspect it was my little sister).

Maybe Andy (Judo Grandmaster) would be willing to put on a self-defense seminar. I'd really like to learn a little bit of what Andy (Judo Grandmaster) knows. I'm sure Andy (Judo Grandmaster) has a lot to teach. Can anyone put me in touch with Andy (Judo Grandmaster)?

Innocence
09-08-2005, 08:00 AM
I really had trouble telling if you guys were serious or not haha...
(but I figured it out) :confused:

EDIT: haha, actually i have no idea! ha ha ha . . . oh boy...

Some seem so serious, some seem not.

ShaolinWood
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
I have read somewhere that someone said that sensei Harold has defeated 4 shaolin monks in Streetfighter 4

(Using KEN)

But I heard also that the monks we're tired from figting ninjas all night

Judge Pen
09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Holy crap!!! That first one actually happened to me. A smaller guy came from behind and reached around and grabbed my wrists.

I didn't know what to do. I struggled for awhile in panic then started to cry (hey, I was a young 19 at the time). The assailant ran off and I never found out who it was (though I suspect it was my little sister).

LMAO. Too funny O.G. :D

SimonM
09-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Holy crap!!! That first one actually happened to me. A smaller guy came from behind and reached around

<snip>

I didn't know what to do. I struggled for awhile in panic then started to cry (hey, I was a young 19 at the time).

So let me get this straight. Some guy gave you a reach-around and you started to cry. Whatever you do, DON'T go to Neverland. :p;)

Fun with quotes. :D

David Jamieson
09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I've had a few occasions to work realistic scenarios with knife attacks.

Here's what i found:

a) chances are above 90% you are going to get cut at leats once

b) you must hard restrain the knife arm first

c)nobody with a knife stands there like an idiot, they attack and they attack furiously. Dead drills as hown in those pictures are absolutely USELESS when training knife defenses.

d)the best defense against a knife attack is to run like a mofo or at the very least keep a lot of distance and hope to find a longer weapon than the knifer has.

e)people who promotoe the types of knife defenses as shown in those photos have clearly never had to acually deal with someone threatening them with a knife.

ShaolinWood
09-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I've had a few occasions to work realistic scenarios with knife attacks.

Here's what i found:

a) chances are above 90% you are going to get cut at leats once

b) you must hard restrain the knife arm first

c)nobody with a knife stands there like an idiot, they attack and they attack furiously. Dead drills as hown in those pictures are absolutely USELESS when training knife defenses.

d)the best defense against a knife attack is to run like a mofo or at the very least keep a lot of distance and hope to find a longer weapon than the knifer has.

e)people who promotoe the types of knife defenses as shown in those photos have clearly never had to acually deal with someone threatening them with a knife.
Though it's clear that the whole discussion is a complete laugh-at
That's nicely said David. Many people don't realise how dangerous a knife attack is!

I've heard of so many MA who got really bad of from trying to "fight" a knife attacker.
One guy tried to kick the knife out of the attacker's hand with (as far as I know) an outer-round or similar kick, and the natural reation of the attacker was to jump back, or get away and he turned his hand in the process...

The MA anded up with a cut tendon in his leg and that wasn't even done by the attacker.

Mega_Fist
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I found this awesome website where Andy (Judo Grandmaster) shows everything there is to know about fighting. I'm so glad Mega-Fist has taught everyone about real self-defense, since we'd be lost without his m8 Andy (Judo Grandmaster)!

Check out Andy (Judo Grandmaster) ! (http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/KubatonIII.htm)

Heya Samurai Jack. I think there's been a misunderstanding. My mate Andy is diferent to this man. Some of the techniques do look similar though like the judo katana move. My mate Andy is too alternative to have a website, though this is a picture of a judo katana for any of you that doubt it exists!

http://www.arscives.com/bladesign/images/full-katana-kissaki-2_small.jpg

"the power of the judo katana is the tiger"

SimonM
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Ditto on what David just said - pretty much word for word. Thankfully my instances of having to "defend" vs knives were with trainers but when doing them we went for maximum realism which meant if we had someones throat like that a little sliding motion and a flick of the wrist later the drill reset with the defender "dead".

Having a knife edge against your throat comes under the heading of "don't let this happen to you". :D

Oh and nothing like a "martial arts legends" museum where the only requirement for entry is a $100 fee.

All inductees for the:

Pioneers & Legends International Martial Arts Society Hall of Fame ( PLIMSHOF )

Please send all information of rank, style, number of years experience, date of birth, biography, bust type picture and US$ 100 for plaque, insertion into the web page & certificate to :

O-Sensei Brosious.

David Jamieson
09-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Heya Samurai Jack. I think there's been a misunderstanding. My mate Andy is diferent to this man. Some of the techniques do look similar though like the judo katana move. My mate Andy is too alternative to have a website, though this is a picture of a judo katana for any of you that doubt it exists!

I still doubt it's existance seeing as that is a 3d rendered art piece of a katana as opposed to an actual katana. :p
And..AND it doesn't say JUDO on the blade!

ShaolinWood
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Oh and nothing like a "martial arts legends" museum where the only requirement for entry is a $100 fee.
Ah man, thats pretty lame, what good is a hall of fame if it's not even a hall of fame?!?!

More like a hall of ripoffs...

SimonM
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh wait... I'm sorry, I made a mistake...

YOU ARE SPECIAL AND A TRUE PIONEER AND LEGEND IN THE MARTIAL ARTS! You will not see anyone inducted into this Hall of Fame who is not at least 50 years young and has a minimum of 35 years in the martial arts with at least a 7th dan ranking.

Because, you know, being a Black Belt in your fifties makes you a special and true pioneer and legend... Nothing else. Because nobody ever awarded themselves a belt before right?

Hey LKFMDC did CTS have a 7th dan BB? Because if he didn't than he must not be a true pioneer and legend in the martial arts. :p

For full details please reference:

http://www.midil.com/s1/selfdefense/plimshof/elite.html

man this sh!t is too much. :D

David Jamieson
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
It's not worth it unless you get a gold c0ck ring or something.

the plaque just doesn't cut it. :p

SimonM
09-08-2005, 09:18 AM
I like the fact that the "automatic inductees" to the hall of fame for TRUE PIONEER AND LEGEND IN THE MARTIAL ARTS does not include a single asian guy. Because everybody knows that us pasty white guys invented karate, judo, jiu jitsu, a million and one styles of gong fu, etc.

Also I always love when a hall of-famer's top achievements include teaching Sidney Poitier Kenpo. ;)

Sow Choy
09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Only when you have achieved 10th dan of whatever you wanna callit style of ju jitsu and have run out of room on your top for patches will you be awarded the Judo Grandmaster Shorts of Death...

http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/HandGrabTechnique1.htm

Samurai Jack
09-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Only when you have achieved 10th dan of whatever you wanna callit style of ju jitsu and have run out of room on your top for patches will you be awarded the Judo Grandmaster Shorts of Death...

Well what would YOU be wearing if some n00b ran up to you and grabbed you while you're watching the grandkids by the pool in between practicing with your judo katana? Hmmmm?

I'd like to see all of you talking smack to Mega-fist's m8 Andy (Judo Grandmaster) in person.

He would sk00l you!

Samurai Jack
09-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Here's what Andy (Judo Grandmaster) would do to you if you dared to cross him!

http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/SideAttackDefense.htm

Who's laughing now?!?!

Samurai Jack
09-08-2005, 12:56 PM

D00d! Why didn't you post the photo of Andy (Judo Grandmaster) using his JUDO KATANA on an unsuspecting n00b?!?!

http://www.harbrodojo.com/techniques/swordattack.htm

Read 'em and weep boys, my Mega-Fist's m8 is the shiznit!

Ou Ji
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Pull your sword and attack before the other guy pulls his. Brilliant!

And the simplicity of it all. makes you wonder why nobody ever thought of that before. The guy is a genius.

I wonder if Andy (Judo Grandmaster) is taking disciples?

rfbrown3
09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Be careful not to toy with Mega_Fist too much. His real life name is Jethro and he has this really rich uncle named Jed that he lives with along with his Granny and his cousin Ellie Mae. Mega_Fist is really smart, has completed the 6th grade, and his resume includes at one time or another being a double-knot spy, a brain surgeon, AND an astronaut or soda jerk. He can also ban anyone of us at will since he is really good friends with all the administrators of the forum but he will not since he is bound to the code of Bushido.

Oh, in case you did not know it or have not yet read it on other threads, according to Mega_Fist, his m8 Andy (Judo Grandmaster) claims Wing Chun came to China from Japan where it is known as Judo, which is a really ancient martial art. Let's see what else, oh yeah, Northern Kung Fu has only kicks and Southern Kung Fu has only hand strikes. Then there is that whole Judo katana thing!

Wow just think of all the smart things I could have learned had I completed the 6th grade and was fortunate enough to have someone like Mega_Fist's m8 Andy (Judo Grandmaster) training me in the ancient art of Judo.

Oh well, arigoto to Mega_Fist for enlightening us.

BTW according the Mega_Fist (Jethro) "arigoto" is a CHINESE word for "thank you." I can only surmise that this is a Chinese word that came from the Japanese when they introduced Judo into China and called it Wing Chun. :D

RFB

P.S. Do not even try get Jethro started on the battle of Waterloo, he just goes on and on and on about it. Oh wait, maybe Mega-Fist's name isn't Jethro, maybe it is really Cliff Claven and he is really a mailman in Boston and he frequents a bar where everyone knows your name and his favorite TV show is Jeopardy. Yeah, that's it, he must be Cliff Claven!!

Ou Ji
09-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Man, you come right out of a comic book!

You're such a troll dude. Everyone knows Wing Chun comes from Japanese Judo. It's obvious you've never seen any REAL Wing Chun.

You must be a little kid that knows nothing about fighting. I challenge you to fight me at Cooper Park. I'll be hiding, I mean waiting in my car so I can see how big, I mean scared you are before I decide to kick your a$$ or not.

gwa sow
09-08-2005, 01:44 PM

looks like mighty judo swordman is Billy Connoly's fat brother hehehe
(he was in last samurai, lemmony snickets)

yutyeesam
09-08-2005, 02:18 PM
man, why does austin have so many MA wackos? what an embarassment, but i guess every city/town has 'em.

David Jamieson
09-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Well Texas in General doesn't strictly keep it's whackos contained to only Martial arts.

And in Texas, it's Marshall Arts by the way. :p

Just ask the boys at Crawford!

PangQuan
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Andy (Judo Grandmaster) must be very very good. To achieve the title of Judo Grandmaster at such a young age...plus how studly he is, i mean you cant get in much better shape then that.

knife defense. plan to get cut or stabbed, but plan it to be in a place you want it to be in. take the cut for the kill.

bodhitree
09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
his bad as s mullet would knock all of you the hell out!

SimonM
09-10-2005, 07:37 AM

looks like mighty judo swordman is Billy Connoly's fat brother hehehe
(he was in last samurai, lemmony snickets)

I saw Lemony Snickets but some things in that movie just made no sense.

Spoilers

Ok, I get why Olaf killed the parents. But why in the world was he setting fires (to be investigated) in the first place? And what was with the mysterious disappearing tattoo?

Are the books clearer?

bodhitree
01-20-2006, 07:03 AM
After reviewing this site I am ready to fight.

bodhitree
06-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Mega-foot

Your current imput is needed.

Bump for fun's sake.

Mega-Foot
06-02-2007, 06:11 AM
My service? At your command, good sir. I will try to clear up some of the misunderstandings I've seen on this post. I'm sure, since I'm speaking with firsthand knowledge of teh subject, that I'll be a better resource of information than any of the fools on here. Here goes, and I hope I fulfill my duties:

I saw Lemony Snickets but some things in that movie just made no sense.

Ok, I get why Olaf killed the parents. But why in the world was he setting fires (to be investigated) in the first place? And what was with the mysterious disappearing tattoo?

Are the books clearer?

I haven't any earthly idea.