PDA

View Full Version : forever grateful

Sifu Darkfist
09-09-2005, 07:05 PM
If any of you speak fluent Mandarin and would like to help me understand the tonal changes with audio or through contact (in addition to the work i do with my master) i would be truly grateful. i need to learn as much as possible due to my history field requirements. Nothing is like hearing the words from the mouths of the natural speakers. If you have websites for me to refference it will also represent a great deed in my endeavor. I am one that knows how to show graciousness. :)

Chizica
09-10-2005, 10:06 AM
I find this site to be pretty helpful:

http://www.chinawestexchange.com/index.htm

Sifu Darkfist
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
absolutley helpfull, this is the kind of response i was looking for and i am sure others will enjoy these postings thanks again. If anyone else has suggestions as well dont let it stop there i am sure i am not the only one working on my chinese.
I owe you one.

Pilot
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I have a question I would like to throw in the hat so to speak. Is there a pen type scanner that will convert Chinese to English that actually works? I think it would help me learn plus I would like to try and translate some books on my own. :o

EarthDragon
09-12-2005, 07:19 AM
darkfist, while I am far from fluent in mandarin both of my teachers are chinese and speak very broken english. I will say that all of my terminology is martial art related but I can have anything you need translated. I do know the tonal aspect of the language. let me know.. be well.