PDA

View Full Version : Out of con-troll!

SimonM
09-12-2005, 07:55 AM
So I come back from a long hiatus while I established myself in my new home to find the board rife with trolling. We actually have trolls trolling the trolls now! Is there anything that can be done about this batch? Seriously? I'd like to be able to have a serious discussion without Mega_Fist or his ilk disrupting it.

GeneChing
09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
We try everything for trolls - glue traps, no-troll strips - you name it. They always keep coming back. Such is the nature of a public online discussion forum. You always have an ignore function that you can deploy to cut down on the noise. And we do ban members quite regularly but given the nature of the internet, it's more a token gesture than anything else. For me, trolls are a lot like dirty street fighters - you can't expect people to fight 'fairly' on the streets or on an open forum. You can play their game - troll the trolls as you put it - or just ignore them since unlike the streets, a troll really has no effect upon you personally. If you are bothered by them, then you've lost. :(