PDA

View Full Version : Wutan

jamflanuk
09-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi, I've just started training at my local wutan branch (UK) do any of you people train in wutan?

Ben Gash
09-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I used to, many years ago, but then we all left.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
yes sir.

went for about 4 years about 2 years ago.

granted it was a mix ... boxing, muitai, jujitsu, wudan, pukulan.

wudan was actually my favorate. it mixed better with boxing and muitai than i would have figured. course maybe thats just the way jerry taught it.

Ben Gash
09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
He's referring to Liu Yun Qiao's school, run by They Soon Tuan in England. Although, at the time we split from them...... no, forget it, I really AM NOT going to start airing dirty laundry and mudslinging. Suffice to say my Sigung used to be They's top instructor.

SPJ
09-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Yes, you are lucky and have fun.

:)

count
09-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Who teaches Wu Tan material at the school there? Where did they get it from? What material is being learned? How much of the time is spent on basics and application training? Is there a large group there? How many have been there any substantial length of time? Any bagua? Can you handle more questions? :D

Levin23
09-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi, I've just started training at my local wutan branch (UK) do any of you people train in wutan?

I went for about a year or so. The training was hard but fun. I went up to green sash and did a lot of kung fu in that time but unfortunatley my job changed and hours clashed with my work shifts. I felt it was wrong to mess the instructor around by not going regularly but I plan to kick start again once I change these **** shifts around! Its difficult as first as theres a lots to learn especially as theres different styles but you do get used to the training load. I did shotokan for 3 years before but I felt i learnt more in one year than all those 3 years put together!!!

Levin