PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums?

MonkeySlap Too
09-14-2005, 02:36 PM
S@ck. Other than KFM and Empty Flower are there any other good CMA forums?

Cyberkwoon is annoying. Dragonslist is populated by pimply 12 year-olds who think they are tough.

KFM has always been fun, but there as been little spirited or informative discusion compared to what there used to be... But is this ALL that there is?

Help. I'm having an existential crisis here.

Christopher M
09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Other than KFM and Empty Flower are there any other good CMA forums?

Computation error. Illogical. Bzzt whir. 001110101

rfbrown3
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I really like the Southern Fist Online Kung Fu Community Forums.

MonkeySlap Too
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
What is the URL?

rfbrown3
09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
What is the URL?
I did not post the URL, because I was not sure if posting a link to another MA forum was allowed. Having just said that, it is Southern Fist Online Kung Fu Community .

RFB

SimonM
09-14-2005, 05:45 PM
The only other ones I post on are Empty Flower (occasionally) and Cyberkwoon. I prefer KFM.

rogue
09-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Not CMA but e-budo is good.

Mel
09-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Yes, the Southern Fist one IS good.

MonkeySlap Too
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I thought e-budo was shut down?

Ben Gash
09-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Southernfist is OK, but some of them are really up their own azzez. You can get some hardcore interlineage flammage if you're not careful.
You can always try mine, it's a little quiet, and more than half the people are from my association, but it's generally friendly (I've only received one challenge from there, with address and phone number no less) and people are interested in talking about Fu, rather than wether Royce would choke you out.

PangQuan
09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
i go to martial arts planet sometimes.

they have a chat, which is really cool when your bored.

but i only have a couple hundred posts there.

KFM is the best one there is IMO

SPJ
09-15-2005, 08:27 PM
It is always a question of give and take.

Most readers of forums are looking for some info to advance their knowledge.

Some are just being social to know who is who.

Some are promoting his or her school or website.

Some are into heated discussions.

Some --

:D

Chizica
09-16-2005, 03:53 AM
Check out www.mantisquarterly.com and go to the forum section. Some great info there.

David Jamieson
09-16-2005, 04:59 AM
well there's always ....bullshido. :D

CK I like because it is the only forum where I've arranged to meet up with other guys to exchange...and they actually show up...and exchange! Holy mergatroids!
I have a few 'actual' live in the flesh friends I've made with the boyz at CK. Ok there's girls there too, but you know how it is with girls and martial arts.

KFM aka This place of course is good. A lot of us have been here since before the magazine took it over and Gene started lording himself over us and being all "put that down" and "that's not yours leave it alone" and "turn out the lights and flush" and all that. :p

Southern Fist is ok. There is a lot of analytics going on about moves within forms and some stuff that is very specific and esoteric, but nevertheless the focus is kungfu, there's no trolls to mention and lineage squabbles aside (which aren't that common since the joint Hung family statement was issued) it's a kungfu site through and through.

Dragonslist sent me two videos and a t-shirt once for being the month long grandpoobah of their Q&A. I like to surf it now and again. most of the people doing martial arts are kids, what do you expect? At least DL is an ok environment for that.

EF is fun. the OT and BTDT forums can be quite hilarious. The trolls only enter the serious forum and try to goad everyone into a fight. I try to stay and watch, but you all know how slow a tai chi beating can eb, and I usually break for lunch before it's over. :p

Other than these, I don't really check out other forums. 5 is enough anyway. Probably too much. lol. ah well, small minds think alike and all that.

SevenStar
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
the only other tma board I post on is karateforums. It's decent, but far more strict than we are. Even though most people loved my posts, I managed to get banned. I still post there, but sevenstar does not...

Vasquez
09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
There's also russbo!

Dale Dugas
09-16-2005, 07:18 PM
There is also the total poo you spout here V. Why would anyone interested in a good laugh at your expense risk not checking in to see what new poo come out of your ricehole?

ROFLMAO.

Dale Dugas

SPJ
09-16-2005, 07:28 PM
It is the group dynamic and target audience.

I like Bullshido; supposedly most posters are "fighters" in the ring.

I like to hear what they have to say.

They changed the format several times.

It is difficult for me to post or to fit in. But I visit now and then.

They have topic categories. So I put Kung Fu in the front of the threads, so you get the Kung Fu crowds in there to respond.

EF and other more specialized forums, I visit, too. Dun feel like to post too much. Or something is difficult to put into words. You have to feel or sense it.

:)

Vasquez
09-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Dale,

So you check out people's riceholes at their expense. You should ask them for consent first. LOL at you..... again.

Dale Dugas
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Oi V,

I PMed you.

Clown boy.

Come on over to Bullshido. I post there under my real name like I do here. I have a fight coming up soon.

I will Gong Sau you anyday of the week little brother and would love to see this totally made up crap you claim to study.

You know nothing, have nothing and are nothing but the air that leaks out your flaccid anus.

I bring it all the time boy, what abou you?

LOL. I thought not.

Have a nice life clown safe and sound knowing you have no skills whatsoever other than the mouth fu you have learned posting here on this board.

Later, Clown.

Dale Dugas

Vasquez
09-18-2005, 01:12 AM
I'm the joker who holds the ace. so much for clown boy ha.