PDA

View Full Version : Worst deadlift ever caught on video

IronFist
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Ouch. :eek:

Here (http://media.putfile.com/Deadlift300lbsBad23)

Ford Prefect
09-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Holy Mary mother of God.

FooFighter
09-14-2005, 07:00 PM
This is an example of how not to deadlift. The poor fellow needs a lifting coach, SERIOUSLY.

Samurai Jack
09-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Ironfist, that was you wasn't it?

:D

poorboy
09-14-2005, 10:23 PM
that was mega fist's mate andy.

Ka
09-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I would say he's faking it(at least I hope so) as he puts it down way too easily.
Maybe its meant to be an example on what not to do?

FooFighter
09-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Ka,

Why would anyone want to fake it? This is a dangerous way of proving something wouldn't say, brother? I believe this kat is for real and I have seen similar deadlifting skills in college, but back then I did some dumb arse things myself at my college gym. <wink> NOT as bad this fellow tho; thank God! Putting down the weight is easy in the deadlift. Anyone with a background in powerlifting can tell you this but pulling that bad boy up "correctly" takes skill and strength. Oh yeah, Iron First, thanks for sharing this piece of work.

hazhardy
09-15-2005, 01:48 PM
haha, yeah i reckon he's faking it or trying to impress some chick or some sh!t.. lets hope he realised he fcuked up after he had torn his posterior chain to sh!t.
what a nerd,
hza

Ka
09-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Why would anyone want to fake it?I believe this kat is for real and I have seen similar deadlifting skills in college, but back then I did some dumb arse things myself at my college gym..
I can honestly say I have never seen this style of DL "Skill".But I still think he's putting it on,to what end or what advantage (none) I have no idea.

Putting down the weight is easy in the deadlift. Anyone with a background in powerlifting can tell you this but pulling that bad boy up "correctly" takes skill and strength.
Easy?
Technique aside anyone stalling and struggling this much is just going to drop the bar not place it down.
Its certainly a unique vid,IF where do you find these?

Lu Bu
09-16-2005, 06:14 AM
lolz :rolleyes:

I had better deadlifting form when I was a 148 pound, 17 year old scrawny kid in high school, and could pull 320. I don't think he should be screwing around like that, he could hurt himself.

Mega_Fist
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah what a loser! I could easily lift that weight if I wanted to

IronFist
09-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, maybe that's from a site and that clip is called "how not to deadlift" or something.

I dunno. If I were going to f around like that, tho, I'd use like a 10 on each side just so I don't accidently hurt myself. I'd also hold up a sign or something saying "this is not a real deadlift" so the video didn't get passed around the net and taken out of context and end up with people thinking I don't know how to deadlift.

But I think he was being serious, but the video has "bad" in the filename, so I dunno.

rubthebuddha
09-17-2005, 01:06 PM
that makes the **** i pawned off as a deadlift last weekend after a ton of cleans look almost pretty.

at least this morning's deads were nice. almost picture-on-the-fridge worthy. until you realize they were only 225x5x6 sets. :D

Marcos-XB
09-18-2005, 01:42 PM
That was really good :)
congratulations to that guy :)
for lifting so heavy :)
he is really good :)