PDA

View Full Version : We all look stupid.

Mr Punch
09-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Mods, and anybody else who keeps answering these people Vasquez and Mega Fist:

These people are succeeding in making this board look more stupid and puerile than I would have thought possible (even for an internet BB!), and they are making an arse out of arts/skills that many of us have literally fought hard to get respect for among the general public.

The joke is over, and it wasn't funny in the first place. Vasquez was banned for a day or so... why was he allowed back?

Mel
09-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi Mat. We don't look stupid, they do. Here's a link I posted the other day, please read it: trolls (http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm)

It's the attention and affirmation they crave. Remove it -- ALL OF IT -- and they will eventually disappear.

Realize, however, that even this post you have made (and my response) will fuel their fire. We need to make them "dead to us." That is, NO arguments, NO acknowledgement, NO responses, NO ANYTHING.

SimonM
09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Actually I'm in agreement with Mel; with one rider.

I still have been frequenting some of the threads used by or even started by these people. However once there I have been ignoring them and focussing on what others have been saying. I've been trying to create some constructive dialogue from these purile attempts at jokes. Call it a bit of pennance for getting trolled hard earlier this week. :p Seriously take Mel's advice. Pretend they are not there, focus on the people who are treating the forum as a serious place and don't worry about them.

At this point I will shut up on the issue of trolls until the next time I let my passions rule me too much and need to be reminded to calm myself. Peace. :cool:

Mr Punch
09-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah sure Mel, it's a good point. But don't get me wrong, I don't actually give a ****, if I'm in any danger of it actually effecting me it'll just be cos the bullsh!t to signal ratio gets too high, and then there'll be no point coming back. But I have less and less time and less and less desire to come back and read the same arguments and this kind of crap anyway, plus I don't contribute so much of any worth myself anyway ( :eek: ! ) so maybe it's a good thing! :D

I would like to see these ****wits banned though, that's all.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-16-2005, 10:17 AM
trolls can be funny.

try not to take them so seriously bud.

Mega_Fist
09-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I agree, I'm fed up of people like SimonM and BlueTravesty just trolling all the time- don't they have anything better to do!? I mean grow up, it's not like we're five any more. Some of us just want to have serious debate here. I mean most of the time it's not even funny, I'm just fed up of it.

PangQuan
09-16-2005, 11:55 AM
roflmfao!!!!!!!

this is great. i love trolls.

its like when your eating clam chowder and you get those little pieces of sand in your bite, sure you didnt want to eat it, but does it really hurt you? naw. just roll with it and take as anything else. and eventually you will come to expect it, then it will just be good amusement.

if an internet troll is stressing you out, or you find yourself thinking about internet trolls when your not reading thier posts...you should take a break from the internet.

Vasquez
09-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, Dale Dugas is having issues with me again. IMO he's jealous I've got a wife - it started his dummy spitting episode again! Maybe we can suggest some good internet dating site to him.

For the record, having learned tantric sex has improved my sex life. some good ole orgasim control prevents too much chi loss - or regulate chi as sifu calls it.

PangQuan
09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah, Dale Dugas is having issues with me again. IMO he's jealous I've got a wife - it started his dummy spitting episode again! Maybe we can suggest some good internet dating site to him.

For the record, having learned tantric sex has improved my sex life. some good ole orgasim control prevents too much chi loss - or regulate chi as sifu calls it.

you should judo wrestle with Mega-Fist

BlueTravesty
09-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I agree, I'm fed up of people like SimonM and BlueTravesty just trolling all the time- don't they have anything better to do!? I mean grow up, it's not like we're five any more. Some of us just want to have serious debate here. I mean most of the time it's not even funny, I'm just fed up of it.

*flies the Rofflecopter to Laughter Land* :D :D :D :D :D

seriously, this is the last time I'll directly respond to anything the Terrible Two say.

SPJ
09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
There are no stupid posts.

If sincere enough?

I respond to sincere posts.

Oftentime, I try to respond to the first post and inject positive posts into the threads.

:D

Vasquez
09-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey I'm buddhist remember- life of peace and sincirity. Happy to represent other religions that preach the same as they practice. dong ma?