PDA

View Full Version : Dai Fanche Quan

FEELERSTRIKE
09-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Remembering a conversation about Dai Fanche , I am interested to know how many rotations of the Fanche punches people use when performing this 7 Star form . We use a right-left-right-left rotation pattern before the whip hook punch . Is this a common combination ?

Young Mantis
09-16-2005, 03:21 PM
This form was taught to me with three right-left rotations before the hook punch.

YM

MantisCool
09-16-2005, 10:10 PM
We do 8 rotations starting with a right, left , right....hammers and then followed by the hook punch as per WHF's publication of the form by his first graduate student, Wei Han Shen.

Regards
khoo

-N-
09-16-2005, 11:35 PM
This form was taught to me with three right-left rotations before the hook punch.

YM
Same.

N.

Young Mantis
09-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi Khoo,

Yes, WHF taught this with four pairs of right-left, totaling eight hands as stated in the article. We count a rotation as a right-left pair so 4 rotations, not 8 rotations. Just a difference of terminology.

When my Sifu and Sigung first started teaching, they both also taught this with 4 pairs. However, when this question of number of pairs has been raised in the past, on different occasions both my Sifu and Sigung have said that whether its three or four pairs does not matter and so now in our school, we teach it with three.

Sorry about the confusion.

Vance
YM

MantisCool
09-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi! Vance

Thats right. We also think that it doesnt matter and 4 rotations is a bit long and should be cut down to 3. I mentioned 4 because this is what had been passed down from the past generations.

khoo

monkeyfoot
09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
does anyone have any videos of dai fan chi?

Im just starting to learn it and I figured this would be a good reference for me. Plus I can focus more on remembering the single straight sword as oppose to the hand form.

tar

craig

bo_hou_chuan
09-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes, I too would like to have a video of Da Fan Chi. From what I hear about that set, it would incorporate well into the style I practice.

libingshao
10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have information on the origin of Fanche Quan in Tanglangquan?

Libingshao