PDA

View Full Version : Bagua at shaolin

fiercest tiger
09-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Hi All,

I dont know how to ask this but for healing of TCM, Dit Dar, Chi Kung etc at shaolin was the Bagua and 5 elements brought into the shaolin healing or from the daoist principles turned into shaolin theories?

Can you label it a daoist method or a buddhist method even though i always have seen it as a daoist method of healing but i do understand that chinese healing is a mixture of both daoist and buddhist as well older type of healing methods?!

If shaolin has incorporated the bagua and 5 elements into shaolin theories and healing can anyone know when it may have been introduced or is it just part of chinese healing altogether?

Thanks in advance
FT:) :)

Shaolin Master
09-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Most of the theories of chinese medicine can be derived from i-ching and associated what are now thought to be Daoist theories. These were not incorporate into chinese buddhism as such as much as they were there already and buddhism was incorporated into them. Buddhism being the imported aspect.

Chinese buddhism shares many qualities with daoism from the simple fact that one correlates to the nature of chinese culture and the other to methodology of thought.

In the end as you have alluded it is of no significance in the tools or labels as much as in the efficancy of the methods.

However from the above for the sake of labelling one would consider bagua as firmly daoist and 5 elements also the case.

Regards
Wu Chanlong

fiercest tiger
09-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks Dude,

I figured that, although i know alot of the religions or theories are combined in china. So basically do what works for you right?

regards
Garry