PDA

View Full Version : How does that story go....

Oso
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
....about the mantis and the cart or carraige or chariot...

anyway, driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway today there was a praying mantis sitting in the middle of the road...exactly between the double yellow...and had it's freaking true hands (ya hear me Alan Dean Foster????) up in the air and waving at the cars.....

no shiat.

German Bai Lung
09-21-2005, 01:09 AM
My little school Mantis often turns his head and look at the people watching her.
When someone comes near and wears a light coloured shirt she begins to threaten!

Mantids are really cool!

EarthDragon
09-21-2005, 06:15 AM
I live in the rual area of Buffalo NY and have almost 22 acres so when I cut the grass I get every grasshopper in the area jumping around dodging the blades of the riding lawnmower. This area is also filled with mantises .

Well 2 weeks ago I had a mantis land on my leg and sit there as I cut the last 2 acres. I stopped the mower long enough to check him out, mess with him a little bit then let him crawl off my hand onto a branch. the coolest part of them is the black dots as eyes an d they way the head moves.. almost like a security camera that follows your every move.
could you imgaine being a insect and seeing that thing haging above hunting you?

YuanZhideDiZhen
09-21-2005, 09:15 AM
she was hitch hiking! :D

one time i noticed there was a mantis on my car roof at costco. she rode all the way home with me even though we passed several open lots and lots of woods. after the car was parked shekinda hopped off the back like she was comming down from an adrenalin high- just in time to be a sparrow's snack! :cool: