PDA

View Full Version : Hey JP Any Relation To SD?

MonkeySlap Too
09-21-2005, 12:40 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/silatnyc/web_pages/photovideo.html

I thought you mentioned that the "White Crane" group had a founding member from the teacher of Sin The'.

What do you think of this stuff?

Judge Pen
09-21-2005, 02:08 PM
A friend of mine found this site by researching some teachers that Hiang The had listed were teaching in Indonesia with Ie Chang Ming. Apparently a variation of the same name shows up in their linage (actually it was a sister school in Germany I believe.)

From Hiang The's website:

"Grandmaster Ie, also known as "Tie Chang Sang Rčn" or "Iron Palm Master" was highly skilled in the internal systems. With him was Master Liu Su Peng (Sen Pien Sow or "Spirit Whip Hand") who specialized in the Tai Peng or "Great Bird" fighting system. He also conducted advanced weapons training with the chain and fire whips. Other Masters at who taught at the Chung Yen school included Je Jou (shiao) Fu originally from Northern China who settled in mid-Java, and Qui Kwong, who is still alive today and living in Bandung. Ie Chang Ming passed away in 1968 at the age of 86. Liu Su Peng died in 1978."

Anyway, their White Crane looks like it could be related to what is staught in SD. None of the forms are the same, but some of the strikes and sequencing are similar. I have no idea if they are related or not, but I see some passing simularities with some of their forms.