PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Xinyiba and connections to Xinyi Liuhequan

khinbu
01-30-2001, 11:56 AM
Anybody knows Shaolin Xinyiba? What's the connection to Xinyi Liuhequan?

Wish for peace

fkchang
01-30-2001, 09:24 PM
I don't know either art, but Li TaiLiang has
expressed to me his belief that xinyiba derives
from a parent art from Shanxi province that is
also the parent art to xinyi liuhequan. His
explanation to me made sense from his points, but
it is not a very commonly held one.

Fo

khinbu
01-30-2001, 10:30 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, but since I live very far away from USA, I don't know Li Tailiang. Can you tell me who is he? Does he know both art?

Wish for peace

xinyi
01-31-2001, 11:53 AM
I have seen Shaolin Xinyi Ba performed by Su Yun (one of the oldest monks living in Shaolin temple) and Li Xinmin's students (Li also practices Xinyi Liuhe Quan).

There are basically two theories about origins of Xinyi Ba - one says that it was created in Shaolin Temple - either by Ji Longfeng or somebody else - and taught only to very advanced students; the other one says that Xinyi Ba was brought to Shaolin temple by a moslem from Henan (Mu Xueli's name is often mentioned in this context as Ma took part in restoration of the nearby Zhong Yue Miao).

Since Xinyi Ba is sometimes attributed to JLF, there is a possibility it was based on his Xinyiquan, and this would match Fo's claim.

It is difficult to say which theory is correct. According to investigation done by Huang Xinming one of Ji Longfeng's descendants witnessed a picture of JLF hanging in Shaolin and was very warmly greeted by the abbot (as far as I remember the incident happened during Republic Period before Japanese agression, 1911-1937).

Xinyi Ba looks very much like Henan Xinyi Liuhe externally. It contains a set of basic movements which can be used in many different ways. Holes on the floor of one of the halls in the temple (Ten Thousand Buddhas Hall) are said to be the result of stamping of the monks practising Xinyi Ba.

Jarek
Jarek's Chinese Martial Arts Pages (http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SpiritSt/xinyi/)

[This message was edited by Jarek on 02-01-01 at 02:22 AM.]

khinbu
01-31-2001, 05:22 PM
It's me here. I am glad that you join the forum.

Khin Bu

Cheng oi
10-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Chop Chop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmNDARchx0) ----------------------------------
If I was going to do anything Shaolin -
I would do it Wugulun Style

Alex Córdoba
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Indeed, just search Wu Nanfang or Shi DeJian.