PDA

View Full Version : Our new web Tungmojingjung

Troy Dunwood
09-22-2005, 10:01 AM
In our efforts to promote this concept of martial training a new website was develop to show some features of this method, our new site address www.tungmojingjung.com, we'd like to hear your constructive criticism.

Troy Dunwood

brothernumber9
09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I think the web site is good, especially for someone who would be like yourself and that has some background already, and can recognize some of the names and systems you have followed and incorporated into your teachings. The info is very honest and upfront.

On a technical level for the site, you should change all the black fonts over the red background to a ligher color. It is difficult to see, also the mustard colored font would do well if it were brighter also.

Also if you have an exact schedule of what you teach at certain time intervals, you may want to show that as well. For example during your operating hours is there a set time from A o'clock to B o'clock for fundamentals and physical training excercises, or from A to B is there formwork, sparring etc.

If you are looking to attract new students, a free trial lesson or trial week could help and would be more attractive if it were promoted on the site. Or incentives to your existing students for inviting friends/family for an intro lesson(s) and/or if they enroll.

Good site. Good luck.

Troy Dunwood
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks for the kind words, and about the text, i see what you mean, no i'm not looking to attract new students actually, this is a proclamation of sorts, my classes are of the old hong kong style, my students are taught on a indiviual basis, so when they come to practice they work on what they are working on in their own time. generally though it was formed as a web i.d. sort of speaking, we get many visitors and I do after physically talking to someone allow them to practice with us without any obligations, if they like it they stick around if not they'll leave. Once again though thanks for you kind words.

Ben Gash
09-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Personally, I always like to see a bit of description about the forms, ESPECIALLY if they have non-descriptive names like "second abstract". In this regard I quite like the way this site (http://www.mousavi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/shaolinsystems.html) does it.

Troy Dunwood
09-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Ben, I understand what you are saying we do have a whole text explaining the Abstract Boxing series, yet we are awaiting our english major to make corrections to the text it will be post upon the site soon.