PDA

View Full Version : Hi Joseph (I mean Extrajoseph)

Kennyfist
09-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi Joseph,
Maybe I should get you to check my opinion before we start to "retreat" to our respective caves....or before Hsk comes back and starts to motor in his mouth...... :D

Back to the pic on the other thread regarding "sunning the belly"........

When we decide we want to pump and move our qi with the aid of the 2 extreme polarities of yin and yang in a cycle,....we need to make sure the qi is not broken at any time during the cyclic alternation of the 2 polar ends......
In that instant or snapshot of his "sunning belly" when he tries to raise and expand his qi, the top end of the yang cycle is broken and the qi and blood circulation is hindered......continued practice in this manner might lead to qi stagnation.....the attempt to pump the qi cyclically is disrupted...and the subsequent gathering of qi in the yin phrase is rendered "inefficient"..........

The easier method of developing the inside and the subtle is to work on the outside and the more obvious first......if externally the structure is not promoting an internal qi connection...then it would be harder to work more of the inside on breath and the mind........

once 3 main aspects of working towards the inside is achieved .....form,breath and mind nurtured.....the combining of the components into an integrated whole leads to ONE....where there is no longer a distinction of inside vs outside.....

I find it beneficial to do A (not this one) jarm jong.....a good way to "force" yourself to find the internal connection....and to sink the qi......if your qi does not sink then you cannot really develop root....... and moving on to pump qi cyclically would have a component the cycle (yin) where you inefficiently try to "gather" your qi.......

A good indicator of how well you develop your qi connection is by how comfortable you find the jarm jong (and maybe also how much you enjoy it...).....if he persists with that "sunning the belly" posture with a broken qi ........... I don't think he can do it as jarm jong comfortably for very long without experiencing....problems....

Maybe we should take this "talk" off the forum........ :)

Cheers ......and thanks Joseph (Grandmaster Joseph :D )

Kennyfist
09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi Joseph,
Any corrections necessary?

Cheers.

hskwarrior
09-23-2005, 07:50 AM
this is a little wierd :confused:

stop Jocking Joseph!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennyfist
09-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi Joseph,

I haven't driven you off the forum, have I?

My apologies if I have offended you in any way.

Cheers.

extrajoseph
09-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Kennyfist,

No, you have not driven me off the forum, I have too much to do and it is a bit time wasting talking about history with people who has no respect for history.

They just want to believe what they want to believe and it is a dead end because Reason is no match to Faith. So better spend my time more wisely and go to the park to my practice instead of sitting in front of the computer.

EJ