PDA

View Full Version : Bo Hou Chuan

bo_hou_chuan
09-23-2005, 12:23 PM
I would like to opolgize for the hijack of the other thread, that was not my intention, I am sorry. Please, if you know the answer to that question, go there.

Bo Hou Chuan is a martial art. It contains striking, grappling, throwing, joint locks, weapons and sets. As I posted I am working on a web page to articulate it's lineage as well as some applications.

Ou Ji
09-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Cool that you opened a thread on Bo Hou Chuan. Now, is this a northern system or southern.

Since you opened the thread in the Northern Mantis forum does that mean it's a branch or derivetive of Northern Mantis?

How would you characterize your style?

What other styles is it similar to?

Can you tell us the names of some of the sets?

Oso
09-23-2005, 01:47 PM
isn't 'hoa' crane?

"Crushing Crane Fist", mebbe?

Three Harmonies
09-23-2005, 03:46 PM
I guess you do not know the translation of your style then?? :confused:

Jake

-N-
09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
isn't 'hoa' crane?

"Crushing Crane Fist", mebbe?Oso, don't even try to guess. Unless you hear the chinese pronunciation, it could be just about anything. Tons of different words are spelled the same when romanized. Could be:

boiled monkey fist
patched hose fist
ball mouth fist

Based on the description, it could even be Shaolin-Do ;)

N.

Oso
09-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Man, if it's "Boiled Monkey Fist" I'm quitting Pong Lai and moving. That would be a sweet azz style.

Lu Bu
09-24-2005, 12:20 PM
lolz

"Boiled Monkey Fist"

I was wondering about "Bo", I knew what Hou Quan was...that would be a great name for a style. :D

kejia nu ren
09-24-2005, 03:44 PM
-N-

you left out boiled crab 鱟 :p

bo could be 搏 - to fight/wrestle.

really, there are thousands of combinations to consider, so it's really pointless unless someone provides the chinese characters. i assume bo hou chuan is an attempt at a mandarin romanization, given the "chuan". but, it wouldn't be the first time cantonese/mandarin/fujianese romanizations were mixed together....
doesn't sound mantis, given any of the possible translations thus far?

~annibelle~

-N-
09-24-2005, 04:21 PM
-N-

you left out boiled crab 鱟 :p

bo could be 搏 - to fight/wrestle.How could I forget one of my favorite foods?! Mmm... boiled fresh crab :)

N.

Oso
09-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Wrestling Monkey Fist would be even sweeter....and provide secondary connotations to boot.....