PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reputable/licensed herbalists and acupuncturists in NYC

funkymonk
09-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi, my name is Jason. I was just wondering if anyone in the NYC area knew of any reputable/licensed herbalists or acupuncturists within the area that they could reccomend- that they use or their school uses. I asked my old school but they haven't gotten back to me yet, and I don't think they are going to.

On Aug. 31st, my girlfriend was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer and we started our chemo treatments on the 15th of Sept. She has an aggressive form of cancer and so the chemo will be given aggressively. Every 2 weeks for 4 months. We just thought that anything to help fight this will be beneficial. I don't know much about Chinese herbs or acupuncture, or anyone who deals with them, so I would really appreciste any help.

Thank you very much,
Jason

Buddy
09-24-2005, 02:18 PM
check tombisio.com. Tom's a great healer and incredible guy.

herb ox
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Funkymonk,

I am sorry to hear of such an unfortunate situation. While I have no acupuncturist to recommend on the east coast, I CAN say with confidence that Chinese medicine is a promising compliment to the Western treatments. The combination of acupunture and herbs can be quite powerful, as several aquaintances of mine can testify. At the very least, acupuncture can offset the negative, essence draining effects of chemo. After chemo, herbs can help to rebuild her strength and essence. Perhaps start by visiting Shi Guolin in NYC. http://www.shaolin-overseas.org/directions.html will take you to the website, where you can begin. Shi Guolin is a Shaolin Temple monk... he MUST have some good connections.

good luck

herb ox