PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this instructor?

Koryu
09-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, I am searching for a Jun Fan/JKD school. Does anyone know anything about Raymond Crow in Dallas, TX? Heres his site http://www.crowsmartialarts.com/

Thanks for any help

curtis
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I've never heard of him. But If Sifu Danny indorses him. He is JKD!

A bigger question, that only you can answer for your self, is, Is he the right sifu for you?

Koryu
09-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I stopped by and was impressed. I wasn't too sure what to expect, but the class (beginner) moved from focus mitts, to some trapping work, and finally the first movements of sil lum tao. Seemed like good stuff to me.

Curtis if I could ask, what do you mean is he the right Sifu for me?

curtis
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Hello

I simply mean, you and the teacher must click. other wise you are just wasting your time.

There are many Great Martial artist out there, but few Really good teachers.

You need to find someone you can learn from, If personalities clash, you may learn something, but If you can build a repor with the teacher you will find ,you will pick up the info much faster and enjoy your training much better.

Its just like in collage, some teachers you can learn from, and others, no matter how hard you try, you cant really learn there topics.( sometimes it has very little to do with the teachers knowledge or abilities, it has to do more with there stile, or way of teaching.)

Basically you need to search and find what's right for you.

Good luck in your quest! ;-)

C.A.G.

Koryu
09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Curtis, that makes sense. The students seem to think hes a good instructor, but I guess I won't know for myself until I train under him.

Is there anything that one would want to look for in Jun fan/JKD training to know if what they are getting is good or not? I don't think that is phrased very well but what I mean for example is certain drills, or methods? Thanks

curtis
09-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Hello Again!;-)

It looks like you have done you homework, You have checked his credentials, his web site looks Great, Sifu Danny indorses him.( he is JKD)
You have talked to some of his students. Everything looks Great !

You have nothing to loose! You will never know until you do.
Good luck!!!

One bit of advice.
My sifu gave to me.
Enjoy what you do!
"he said, The most information people ever had to learn, was in the first couple years of your childhood. Children learn through the concept of Playing. So be like a child. Play, have a good time, and keep it light hearted. You will be surprised on how much you will learn!"
Don't make Learning WORK! Just PLAY with it and have a good time.

sincerely.
C.A.G.