PDA

View Full Version : Bruising

Innocence
09-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I have a question on how to treat bruising? (assuming non use of any lotions or anything)

Is it best to just leave it?
or
Is it best to rub it to make the blood clot go away?

I'm asking because I read somewhere that if you rub bruises, then it will end up going lumpy, and just wanted to confirm that this is true/false.

Thank you!

EarthDragon
09-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Your best bet it to make yourself some jow.........

however to answer your question. a bruise is simply a stagnation of blood. this blood darkens from lack of platlet circulation. It is fine to massage the bruise to dissapate this stagnation process without the dermis or epidermis having any side effects like lumping as you said. be well

IronFist
09-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Go to a health food (hippie) store and pic up some Arnica gel. I've noticed that bruises seem to go away a little faster when you use that. They may also try to sell you some arnica pills that come in this chapstick-looking container where you dispense the pills into the cap and then eat them because supposedly you can't actually touch them with your fingers or it will contaminate them. If this happens, I suggest you say "back off, hippie, or I'll start playing some death metal." That will make them back off. Buy your tube of arnica gel and then leave the store. No pills.

Willow Palm
09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Man o man! Rubbing bruises comes with a little pain, true, but they go away much faster. If you bruise the bone itself, I suggest getting a bottle of dit dat jow. You can order it online from orientalherbcompany.com

Good luck,
Warren

PangQuan
09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
I will attest to this last post. Death Metal is the best Hippie repelant around.

Mr Punch
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I find soap usually does the trick. At repelling hippies, not bruises. Allllllthoooough, have you tried scrubbing that dark patch really hard with some pumis stone? Might just do the trick!

Otherwise, I'm with Ironfist. Arnica cream or gel (not pills) and rubbing towards the extremities. They don't go lumpy if you rub them, that's just an old wives' tale. Well it is according to all the old wives I've beaten.

Innocence
09-27-2005, 05:30 AM
ok, thanks a lot for the responses!