PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for the name of a really old Kung Fu movie...

smullen
09-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I have been collecting Martial arts movies over the last few years nad I have been searching for one that I cannot remember the name of for anything....

Its pretty old, I think early to mid 70s...

Basically, There was a martial arts school and each pupil had a different task to do, while to them their assigned tasked seemed like really hard work, but these tasks turned out to be training and honing a certian skill... EX:

One Pupil was tied or suspended by a harness or something and had a 6' Wooden paddle that he had to constatly keep stiring 5 or 6 really huge Woks with... He really had to keep on it or the food would burn... This turned out to be training for the 6' Wooden Staff... He became really proficient in Staff fighting and could even cut a small circle out of an opponets shirt..

Another Pupil had to lay out really long sheets of wet rice paper and he had to lay them across what looked like stalagmites in a cave... By doing this he leaned Balance and mostly stealth, if he could walk across this wet rice paper without tearing it, he could walk on about anything without making a sound or a footstep...

I seem to remember a few more jobs they had, such as Carrying large jugs of water across their shoulders, standing on what looked to be like 10', 12', 18' + Telephone poles and balancing althought I can't remember the exact details...

All of this may have been in some sort of Shoalin temple or something...

I'd really like to find this movie and watch it again....

I really love those old Kung Fu and Ninja movies....

Anyone have a list of Gotta haves????

CLFNole
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Sounds like the Shaw Brothers movie - Shaolin Temple aka Death Chamber.

gwa sow
09-27-2005, 07:03 AM
i think so, joe was talking about a movie that sounded like that.

some for ya,

Zatoichi ,...originals not that new crap
samurai 1,2,3
seven samurai
shaolin vs ninja
original iron monkey (favorit scene is in the credits, a little monkey fights with an eagle)
excecutionors from shaolin
so much, a lot of them are available easily. but i think you need a region free player for the remastered ones. recently started watching a lot of the old samurai movies. i like those a lot.

smullen
09-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Sounds like the Shaw Brothers movie - Shaolin Temple aka Death Chamber.

Cool, I'll try that...

Where do you guys usually oder older MA Flicks at??? The two places I found the one you mentioned are www.kungfumovies.net and www.hkflicks.com but I haven't tried either...

gwa sow
09-28-2005, 06:47 AM
also check ebay. i have seen a lot of movie there

CLFNole
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I get all my stuff from yesasia.com. They have all the Shaw Brothers digitally remastered in chinese. The only catch is you need an all regions dvd player. If you don't have one go with one of the sites you mentioned since they tend to be the dubbed versions but the quality is a bit inferior.

Good luck.

Sensei_Andy
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
It's called "Dragon's Claws" and it stars Jimmy Liu who does dojitsu.

midnite_ninja
10-27-2005, 10:29 AM
ha!

i've seen that movie too, but i totally forgot about it. i should check it out again...