PDA

View Full Version : White lotus wing chun

stormtrooper
09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Hello all you wing chunners.I would like to introduce myself and the school i belong to.Its called White lotus wing chun.My sifu steve setters teaches wing chun across central london.You can check out his web site at
www.wingchunkungfu.net or read some of his articles in Combat magazine. :)
Best regards to you all ,and i look forward to your posts and posting some of my own.

Mortal1
09-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Not to sound disrespectful but what is with the 40 light chain punches after the guy is down? I think stomping would be much easier and take less effort. Also if his friends are around you put yourself in a vulnerable position. Also no one is going to lay there and let you hit them. I think it is more valuable if your going to take someone down to learn to control them while they are on the ground. Chain punching with your knee on them while sitting upright is a good way to get thrown off since you are not using leverage.

Just some respectful criticisms.

Good luck with your training.

Respect.

Mr Punch
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

And since you're gonna have to come to see what a critical bunch we are from day one...(rings doorbell)

What Mortal said... You can't get your body behind a punch unless you use your hips...

And those knife defences will get you killed...

(runs away giggling!)

:D

stonecrusher69
09-26-2005, 04:17 PM
another chain punching happy guy :D

Mortal1
09-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Also I was thinking. I don't see how you can generate power with those short chain punches unless you have the structure of your whole body behind them. Generating power from the ground using hips.