PDA

View Full Version : Knee injury....

Cezve
09-28-2005, 06:39 AM
There is a pain between my kneecap and where the shin ends and it happens while i sit down. It's just under (and inside) the kneecap. I was wondering what could it be. Did anyone had an injury like this?

It's not always there. Usually there is no pain even after my exercises. But today i was doing body weight squats when it happened. Since i knew my knee was weak ( thought it could help the situation), i only did 10 repeat ( :rolleyes: )and then i started to stretch (the one with one leg in front of you, like lunging) and there was the pain.

PS : Sorry about the weak explanation. That's the best i can do in English..

MasterKiller
09-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Sounds like tendonitis. I've had the same problem. Just rest a few days and it should go away on it's own. If it persists, though, go see a doctor.

BM2
09-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Not sure but I think that the tendon slides in a groove under the knee cap. I inflamed mine doing too much weight too quickly on the leg extension machine. A few days off should be ok but hey, I'm no Doctor.

Cezve
09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I did some search about tendonitis after you guys mentioned it. Symptoms look similar to what i have. But there wasn't any mention of how long usually the pain continues.

In my case, it's not a constant pain. It just happens when i try to get up or sit down, do things that puts pressure to the knee. And stops after (usually in 10-20 seconds) i finish that activity. And usually it gets better the next day.

Today was the second or third time. I think it's time to see an orthopedist. I just hope it's not something that will keep me from exercising for a long time.

Thanks for the advice, by the way...

dougadam
09-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I think it's wise to see a doctor.

Hai_To
10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I would definitely endorse dougadam's idea of going to see an orthopedist. I had virtually the same symptoms. My pain was directly beneath the kneecap and really showed up when I sat down (especially in trying to straighten my knee after prolonged periods of sitting). At first, I was diagnosed at having patello-femoral syndrome (where the kneecap is slightly askew). I did physical therapy for a while, but it steadily got worse. Eventually, an MRI showed that it was a partially torn patellar tendon. I held off having surgery for months in the hopes that more therapy would fix it. It didn't. Now I'm recuperating from the surgery with 4-6 months of rehab ahead of me. So, speaking from personal experience, knees are nothing to mess with.