PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Wish For Peace

dingo
02-02-2001, 12:47 AM
Hello,
I couldn't help noticing in one of your posts in the 'Old Yang Style Clarification' thread that you mentioned a book called "Taiji Baojian Mizhi by Wang Youyu, a book about Li style Taijiquan". Could you tell me a bit more about Li (Ruidong) style? I am interested in it because it is said that Wan Lan-ting was one of Yang Lu-chan's favourite students, and I have read stories about the gongfu of one of his students, Li Pin-fu. I didn't know there were still people practicing taiji coming down from Wang Lan-ting! Anyway, I'd be really interested to hear anything about Li shi taijiquan. You can e-mail me privately if you wish - my e-mail address is on my profile.

Thank

khinbu
02-02-2001, 08:41 PM
Dingo,

Li Ruidong style is indeed rare, and the posture consists of Old Yang (similar to Lao Liulu that I practice) and Yang style Small frame as taught by Yang Banhou (now handed down as Wu Jianquan style). It has three height in the form (High, middle and low). Tell me what you would like to know and I'll see what I can do. However, the book does not provide that much information :).
If you wish to contact me, then my e-mail is khinbu@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Wish for peace