PDA

View Full Version : Iron Palm Question

Jada
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi all !

I have a question about the bags used for Iron Palm. I just went through it tonight and would like to practice when not in class. Should I buy a bag ? If so, where would I buy one and should it be filled with sand or the other items I hear about ? Is there a certain size it should be ? I didn't get to really ask about it for home use. Just wondering what would be best.

Thanks
Jada

blake
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
I went to an art store bought some canvas, and like 18 lbs of mung beans and made it myself.

TenTigers
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
go to an indian food store-they have basmati rice in canvas baggs, you might want to double them up, nut they have zippers and handy carrying straps-for those Kung-Fu guys who are on the go!

schwarzdragon
10-03-2005, 06:39 PM
I went through the 100-day Iron Palm course under Sifu John Clayton in 2003. He told me to use a rice bag filled with sand. I used fine sand from the sand trap of a city golf course and wrapped the bag with many layers of duct tape to prevent cutting the hands. After 50 days, I cut the bag and replaced the sand with iron pellets that I bought from Home Depot. I hope that this helps you.

TenTigers
10-03-2005, 09:16 PM
where do you find iron pellets in home depot? what are they used for?

Jada
10-04-2005, 04:09 AM
I went through the 100-day Iron Palm course under Sifu John Clayton in 2003. He told me to use a rice bag filled with sand. I used fine sand from the sand trap of a city golf course and wrapped the bag with many layers of duct tape to prevent cutting the hands. After 50 days, I cut the bag and replaced the sand with iron pellets that I bought from Home Depot. I hope that this helps you.

Thanks that is very helpful!!!

Jada

CFT
10-04-2005, 05:18 AM
But please don't steal sand from a public amenity! I'm sure you can pick some up at Home Depot along with your iron pellets.