PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ray

Sensei_Andy
09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks to everyone that sent a pm and tried to help I have ended my search for a Wing Chun Sifu in the Tampabay/Central Florida area.
I have settled on Ray Peters in Largo. Hunter had sent me an email with a list of everyone teaching Wing Chun in central florida and told me I should visit as many different schools as possible and then make up my mind. I took his advice. I went to 2 different Moy Yat schools in the Orlando area. A Ken Chun school is the same general area , a TWC sifu,Steve Swift and one other I dont remember. The two I did not make it to were the HKM sifu in Sarasota and the Jason Lau schools but I was already familiar with Jason Laus teachings from New York. After sparring and rolling with Sifu Ray I didnt see much point to going to these last remaining schools. I chose Ray because he was more than willing to spar with me at full contact,he has an excellant ground game and the wing chun he learned from sifu Unschuld was different than any other wing chun I have ever seen. Not only does he use the triangle theory but the wing chun uses many circles and is very energy based. I found the 4 circle theories not only interesting from a theoretical point of view but I was most impressed with how Sifu Ray used circles in actual fighting both standing and on the ground.
Anyone in the area should visit Sifu Rays school in Largo and feel his hands . I dont know chi sao yet so I speak of sparring.

I remain,

Andy