PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Chung Workshop

Mark Kune
10-01-2005, 05:22 PM
We welcome you to join us ...

FALL 2005 EAST COAST WORKSHOP with KENNETH CHUNG

Despite referring to himself as "a humble student of Wing Chin," Kenneth Chung is one of today's most impressive exponents of the art. Ken's interpretation of Wing Chin is both highly traditional and rare, with emphasis on sound fundamentals and development of substantial power through relaxed yet highly precise positioning and sensitivity. You can learn more about Kenneth Chung, or the Rochester Wing Chin Student Association at these links.

SATURDAY WORKSHOP
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2004
Time: 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Rochester, NY 14609
MAP - Proceed to Suite 413 for registration
Cost: $70 per person after September 24
Notes: Water will be provided
Workshop only; does not include weekend RECS classes with Ken

"Ken can change/improve your Wing Chin skill in just two hours. In a period of six months, your Wing Chin would not be recognizable from what is was." - Ray Van Ramadan, Victoria, British Colombia, Canada

SATURDAY DINNER WITH KEN [optional for all Workshop and Class participants]
Time: 8:00 PM
(585) 272-9126
3159 Win ton Rd S
Rochester, NY 14623
MAP
Cost: Participants will divide the cost of dinner (estimated at $25-$30)
Notes: Following the Workshop on Saturday
[Workshop and Weekend Class participants welcomed]

Other things you need to know:
Reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis.
Tuition is non-refundable after September 24Th.
Attendance is by invitation only, with limited space for all workshop & class activities.
All registrants will be required to sign a waiver form prior to participation.
Suggested attire is comfortable workout clothing, and Jung FY slippers (if you have them).
Participants are welcome to take still photos. Video not permitted.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to experience the hands of an incredibly skilled martial artist with over 40 years experience.

HOW TO REGISTER
Please makes checks payable to:
Kathy Jo B. Connors

Deliver in person to Kathy Jo Connors or Mark Stoddard, or mail to:
Kathy Jo Connors
P.O. Box 864
Webster, NY 14580
ATTN: FALL WORKSHOP

CONTACTS
rochesterwingchun@yahoo.com
(585) 671-0870 (voice mail only)
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

YongChun
10-02-2005, 12:46 AM
"Ken can change/improve your Wing Chin skill in just two hours. In a period of six months, your Wing Chin would not be recognizable from what is was." - Ray Van Ramadan, Victoria, British Colombia, Canada

Just a spelling correction: Ray Van Raamsdonk
I do recommend the seminar to anyone though. It's possible to train for 30 years and not really understand what you have been doing. With the right ideas , it is possible to reach to a higher plateau. It's easy to spend years and years at the same level of skill. If you find this is true then this seminar should help.

Ray

kj
10-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Mark's message was apparently assaulted by a spell checker. We do in fact practice Wing Chun, not Wing Chin. :D Ray, I suspect the name error was also the spell checker's handiwork. :confused::(

For anyone interested, here too are the missing links Mark referenced:

Props to Ray for this excellent and often cited piece: http://www.wingchun.com/apath.shtml
And here is a link to our group's cobwebsite: http://www.rochesterwingchun.com

Such opportunities with Ken are rare especially on the North American east coast. I highly encourage any who are interested or curious to join in and sample Ken's approach. As my kinfolk say, "Make hay while the sun shines." :)

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Ernie
10-02-2005, 04:48 PM
best of luck with the Seminar
Ah ha the word nerds do F-up !!!!!!!!!

and thank you for all your recent help , your as we say out in the west [ good peoples ]

;)

Mark Kune
10-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi Ray,

Sorry about your name, it was totally untintentional!!

Also my apologise for the other typos in there too. I guess I shouldn't try to post something like that before leaving for a date.

stonecrusher69
10-04-2005, 08:10 AM
I love to attend the workshop but its like an 8hr ridefrom where I live.I would be great if he could do it in NYC.

kj
10-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks Ernie. I'm happy whenever I can muster some small thing to share. I admit it's hard to match your generosity though. We country folk say "good people" too. Back atcha. :)

Regards,
- kj

kj
10-04-2005, 06:32 PM
I love to attend the workshop but its like an 8hr ridefrom where I live.I would be great if he could do it in NYC.

Hi Stonecrusher. We'd love for you to join us, for the workshop or any other time. I know that long ride between NYC and Rochester. On the bright side, a visit with Ken while he's here is a far more economical than traveling to California or Hong Kong. :)

In the off chance you are able to manage it, do let us know in case we can assist with info or logistics. Besides driving and flying, we've had some visitors who arrived here by train and bus. Some of our Canadian friends will also be driving in from afar to join us when Ken is in town. We even have a fast ferry now that travels between Rochester and Toronto. Of course that option won't help you in particular unless you're interested in some extended sightseeing.

As for more general sync ups, you might enjoy coming up for our summer MA picnic sometime. Combining it with some sightseeing or R&R might be enough extra incentive. For those with enjoyments beyond big city life, there's actually quite a lot to do and see within the radius of an easy day. Even you deserve some time away from the grind once in awhile. ;)

Though time is always an issue, folks from our group are also open to the relative inconvenience of a roadtrip now and then. If you can't make it all the way here, we could likely arrange to meet you halfway sometime if planned far enough in advance. There's a fair chance we could scare up some others to join us too; the more the merrier.

Regards,
- kj

Mark Kune
10-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Hi Stonecrusher,

What KJ said, plus if you come to the workshop it would be a beautiful drive through all the fall scenery!!

stonecrusher69
10-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Thank you KJ & Mark Kune for your warm invitation.. :)