PDA

View Full Version : looking for iron pellets

EarthDragon
10-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Morning everyone.
Does anyone have a resource to find iron pellets? I have a few pounds that where given to me a long time ago but after much abuse they are moslty dust and I am having a hard time finding more. especially paying for the shipping which is outrageous. So if anyone wants to sell some please let me know, thank you

TonyM.
10-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Try a google search on steel shot.

EarthDragon
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I did it gave me huge companies out of the country that sell high volumes. I am just looking for a few pounds.

PlumDragon
10-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I did it gave me huge companies out of the country that sell high volumes. I am just looking for a few pounds.
Here ya go:
http://precisionreloading.com/steel_shot.htm

Shipping Rates:
http://precisionreloading.com/order.htm#Shipping%20and%20Insurance%20Rates

Becca
10-03-2005, 07:25 PM
That's almost funny! The shipping rates are higher the the cost of the shot! :eek: ;)

But seriously, look in your local phone book for an arms supply store. Or even try the sporting goods department at Wal-mart or K-mart. It's a common reloading supply and mandantory in most states, as lead shot can poison the environment. :)

EarthDragon
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
thanks guys , and girls for you responses , however perhaps I didnt explain my self correctly. I am looking for iron pellets. not steel shot. I am using this for iron palm training and you need to iron powder to mix with jow to form the paste needed to penetrate the pores..

Becca
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Still mite be worth checking out sporting goods stores. Alot of black powder enthusiest use iron instead of steel to protect the barrels of thier weapons since they can't use lead. Iron is less damaging. You might also check building supply stores, though that is something of a long shot.

David Jamieson
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
how about a gun shop that also sells make yer own shells and bullets stuff.

probably your best bet.

*looks up at thread* Oh, someone suggested that already.

nm :D

greensage22
10-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I say go to the rail road track and chop up spikes.