PDA

View Full Version : mickey is taking time...... to say hello to himself again

mickey
10-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes it is true,

I am slowly getting back into my training. Started September 20th. The toy that I am using is a Bowflex hybrid. I have been keeping it basic by doing three main exercises: bench press, lat pulls/pulldowns and leg presses. I have never used a training log before and am considering using one.

I have been keeping my workouts under 45 minutes. I use one to two high volume sets, to generate maximal fibre recruitment, followed by one heavy set.

I have just finished my workout and I did somethig a little different this time. I did a little interval work between stationary bike work and body weight squats. Then I did resistance work. I also started doing ab work. May need to do that daily for a while.

My first five workouts had me hitting the ceiling at 160lbs resistance for my upper body work; today's workout I went to 180lbs. I think my progress would be faster if I used some of those powdered protein supplements. I chose not to rush it. I will just try to eat well.

Present condition: Imagine the professor in the original version of "The Fly" pacing back and forth in front of his wife with a black cloth over his head. Now entend that cloth to the floor for me. :)

I was never really into resistance work in the past. I used to do bodyweight exercises, stretching and rope jumping. My ligaments are presently such that I need to wake them up with something heavy.

Goals set for myself (for starters):

1-Improved health

2-Improved health

3-Improved health

mickey is coming back with a passion!!!

FooFighter
10-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Be a hero in your own life and follow your bliss, my friend. Good job and welcome back. Much success and much health to your new life.

Many blessings,
Bao

mickey
10-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Thank you, Brother Bao.

Mickey