PDA

View Full Version : HFY Seminar in AZ

William E
10-04-2005, 05:39 AM
I am happy to announce that there will be a HFY Public Workshop this upcoming weekend at the Hung Fa Kwoon in Tempe, AZ. This seminar is open to the public and will cover many different topics including the Kiu Sau rolling platform and how it differs from Chi Sau.

Main speaker: Grandmaster Garrett Gee

Public Workshop: September 9-10 (friday/saturday)

Instructor's Workshop: September 11 (sunday)
Topic: Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun 1st Degree Black Belt teaching/training materials

931 E. Elliott Rd. Suite 114
Tempe, AZ 85284

For more information contact:
Richard Loewenhagen
Meng's Martial Arts of Arizona
Tempe, AZ 85284
phone : (480) 820-2428
fax: (480) 820-0222
director@mengsofaz.com
www.mengsofaz.com

Allen Kong
10-05-2005, 10:57 PM
The Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun workshop, sponsored by the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association, along with Sifu Richard Loewenhagen of Hung Fa Kwoon in Tempe, Arizona, will mark the first time Grandmaster Garrett Gee publically demonstrate and teach the Kiu Sao-Chi Kiu-Chi Sao training platform in the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun system. Each one (Kiu Sao-Chi Kiu-Chi Sao) pocesses its own training platform that separates from one another. The differences in the training platform will allow the wing chun practitioner to learn and progress in the proper time, space, and energy (time frame).

In addition......

There will be a special session during the workshop in which GM Garrett Gee will teach the Chuka Flying Dragon Iron Fan to the workshop group. The Iron Fan is a form (with its applications) that comes the Wu Dong Kung Fu system.

For registration information, you can contact,

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Headquarters
San Francisco, CA
(415) 587-2898
www.hungfakwoon.com

or

Sifu Richard Loewenhagen
Hung Fa Kwoon - Tempe, Arizona
Tempe, AZ 85284
phone : (480) 820-2428
fax: (480) 820-0222

For past workshop reviews and comments,

http://www.hfy108.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20

Allen Kong

William E
10-07-2005, 12:02 AM
The weekend is almost hear and I'm sure there are many people anxiously counting down the hours until the seminar starts. One of the areas of training that Sifu Gee will focus on is the Saam Sing (three star) Kiu Sau Concept. For the people who have already been exposed to the HFY 4 1/2 point Kiu Sau Concept and those participants that are new to HFY, the introduction of this material will be new, exciting, rewarding and illustrates the depth of HFY Kiu Sau.

I'm sure that all of the people who participate in this weekends seminar will have a great time, get lots of training in, drink cups and cups of Starbucks, and eat too much good food. Hopefully I will be able to accompany sifu on his next instructor training session to Tempe.

Train safe and thank you Sifu Gee for sharing your wealth of knowledge with all of us.

William E.

Savi
10-08-2005, 08:55 AM
So far Friday night was filled with a TON of information ranging from history, philosophy, tradition and combat. The 3 Star Concept was illustrated via a Saam Mo Kiu approach and then compared with a system approach. The concept was also referenced with the HFY SNT form. Footwork was explored and explained with the specifics on why things are done based on the technology, and how the results are measured for maximum efficiency. Friday night went non-stop for about 5 hours (6pm to 11pm) with no break. It truly was amazing!

Today begins at 9:30am with a lunch break sometime around 12 or 1pm... then finishing up around 7 or 8pm. Afterwards GM Gee will be teaching the Chuka Flying Dragon form (sections 1 and 2) later that night for a few more hours.

I'd like to thank GM Gee again for all the wealth of knowledge and experience he shares with all of us.

Savi
10-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I am currently typing up the reviews from the seminar. You can read them over at http://www.hfy108.com They will be updated throughout the weekend.