PDA

View Full Version : Yip Man Movie

Jeff Bussey
10-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone,
I know this has been brought up before and probably a couple of times by myself :D but has anyone heard any more about this?
Is there still a Yip Man movie coming out if so any idea when?
Still curious.
Thanx.
J

Don J
10-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Would love to see a documentary very interesting if something like this is in the process.

KNGFU
10-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally it was going to be Donnie Yen
then it was going to be Stephen Chow
Now it is going to be Tony Leung (HARD BOILED)

KNGFU71@HOTMAIL.COM

Li Nin KiT
10-05-2005, 08:49 AM
so is it a movie about his life or is it some honk kong action film?

Jeff Bussey
10-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks KNGFU
Have you heard when it's coming out?

J

CFT
10-06-2005, 07:47 AM
so is it a movie about his life or is it some honk kong action film?If it is made in HK, as I assume it will be, it will be both. I think it will just be a string of fantastical anecdotes.

jyu
10-06-2005, 09:20 AM
The Yip Man Movie should be in release in 2008. The Title Is "The Great Master" or "The GrandMaster" something like that.

While I think is very cool to make a movie about YP, the director of the film is Wong Ka wai... the dude who made "2046" for anyone who watched that. I personally did not understand what the hell was going on in his movie 2046, hopefully he will not ruin the YP movie with his unique directing..

Buddha_Fist
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
The Yip Man Movie should be in release in 2008. The Title Is "The Great Master" or "The GrandMaster" something like that.

While I think is very cool to make a movie about YP, the director of the film is Wong Ka wai... the dude who made "2046" for anyone who watched that. I personally did not understand what the hell was going on in his movie 2046, hopefully he will not ruin the YP movie with his unique directing..

Johnny, is that you?

jyu
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Sup? Who are you??

anerlich
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
This is the script of the Yip Man movie I want to see (courtesy of Ray, YongChun).

According to the Hong Kong newspapers, Yip Man broke a stack of 1000-pound ice blocks and could jump up and kick five oak boards in half. They said he also he killed a Russian horse with a single slap to the animal's back. Each week the stories written by Wang Kiu got wilder and wilder. Let's go back in history a bit before these stories started.

It has been rumored by the Tongs that maybe Leung Sheung supplied drugs to Yip Man and then Yip Man sold him a $100,000 franchise to teach Wing Chun. They say that Yip Man never touched Leung Sheung or every discussed Wing Chun with him. All they did was chat in restaurants. But one day Leung Sheung secretly saw Yip Man doing a form when he was spying on him through the hole he drilled through the wall of his apartment. Yip Man in fact saw Leung Sheung teach through a hole in the wall of Leung Sheung's studio and then went home to study Leung Sheung's form.

For amusement while he was high on drugs, he did everything backwards. This is when Leung Sheung saw his stuff. It so happened that Yip Man discovered the hole in his wall and realizing that Leung Sheung was spying on him, concocted a brilliant plan to get even with him.

Yip Man handled Leung Sheung quite well by deceiving him into thinking that he knew some martial art. In fact Yip Man played a joke on Leung Sheung by merely using Leung Sheung's movements but doing the opposite. So where Leung Sheung did a wide stance, Yip Man did a narrow stance. When Leung Sheung used a flat fist, Yip Man used a vertical fist. When Leung Sheung's Wu sau came out forward, Yip Man made his go backwards. While Leung Sheung used hard strong motions, Yip Man used soft ones.

Leung Sheung thought that was a brilliant innovation and so he fell for Yip Man's joke. In a period of 5 months, Leung Sheung had mastered Yip Man’s backward form. Leung Sheung decided to test this Wing Chun in competition and to his surprise won the all Hong Kong nationals competition by breaking his competitor’s jaw with a Phoenix Eye punch. Unfortunately he was disqualified so he entered the forms competitions where he showed off his new form. The judges didn’t know what to make of it but after some bribery by Leung Ting, decided to award him the coveted Gold medallion for his efforts. His winning made front-page news.

Leung Sheung being very ****y decided to challenge the great Yip Man. So he summoned Yip Man to the teahouse and challenged him to a match. Yip Man being high on Opium was very calm in the face of Leung Sheung's challenge. Leung Sheung threw a Pheonix eye fist at Yip Man but just then Yip Man turned to look at the new waitress and fell off his chair. Leung Sheung missed and hit his head on the low hanging light above the table and knocked himself unconscious. When he came to he couldn't remember what happened.

But Leung Ting, a student of Leung Sheung's Dragon style, happened to be there and being a friend also of Yip Man offered to help Yip Man by publishing a story in all the Hong Kong newspapers of how Yip Man beat up Leung Sheung. From this story Yip Man suddenly got hundreds of students wanting to learn his secret style. Yip Man, knowing that Leung Sheuing was a good fighter, decided to have Leung Sheung teach all these people in exchange for a percentage of the fees. Leung Sheung thought it was a great honor to be the head instructor for Yip Man. Leung Ting realizing the commercial potential of this new deceptive art, never refuted the story.

CFT
10-11-2005, 07:10 AM
I thought Stephen Chow actually has a background in Wing Chun. I think he trained for 2 years under WSL or one of his students.

UNDERDOG 2
10-12-2005, 10:22 AM
so is it a movie about his life or is it some honk kong action film?
I would rather it be an action flick, his real life was not that great he was not a very stand up guy. He taught to support a severe drug habit and rumors of being a child molester. Yes he was a great teacher but not a role model by any means.:(

Phil Redmond
10-12-2005, 11:22 AM
I thought Stephen Chow actually has a background in Wing Chun. I think he trained for 2 years under WSL or one of his students.
He was at the 1999 VTAA Conference and he did some WC in "Kung Fu Hustle.
Phil

couch
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
He was at the 1999 VTAA Conference and he did some WC in "Kung Fu Hustle.
Phil

After watching the Bonus Features in Kung-Fu Hustle, he states that he just dabbled in Wing Chun for a couple of months er something. And then he shows a Jong Sau or something along those lines and says "This is Wing Chun."

Peace,
Kenton Sefcik

Phil Redmond
10-12-2005, 11:33 AM
It seems that he studied "briefly" with WSL.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/people/stephen_chow_sing_chi.htm
Phil

UNDERDOG 2
10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Phil

totally forgot about Kung Fu Hustle...will have to pop that in the DVD player again to take a look as I forget

Underdog 2

uh...did I miss something here?! :eek:
He was known to be a pedophilia, this is my theroy on all the different ways Yip Man taught people drugs clouded his brain and he could not remember. My cousin was a drug addict for 6 years his short term memory was shot from day to day he would tell you one thing then an hour later he would say he never said that.

UNDERDOG 2
10-13-2005, 06:47 AM
I know about the smoking and the drugs and the problematic teaching, but this is a first with the pedophilia.

Do you mind giving me some sources or where you got this from?
I cannot remember which book I read that in I think it was a german book "Geschichte des Yip Man Wing Tsun Stiles" (History of the Yip Man Wing Tsun style) but cannot be for sure. There are many Yip Man historians here that could probaly answer that question better than myself but many will not touch that subject.:eek:

"When Polly's in trouble I am not slow, it's Hip, Hip, Hip and away I go !"

Sirus
10-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Whoa! pedophilia say its not true:eek:

Also how old was William cheung when he lived with Yip Man

anerlich
10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
pedophilia say its not true

It's not true.

Liddel
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
UNDERDOG 2 or whoodini, which ever you prefer, you have issues man ! :eek:

Your flinging this here too ?

"I cannot remember which book I read that in I think it was a german book "
Are the drugs affecting your memory now too ? seek help !

"pedophilia" - This seems like a case of guilty until proven innocent ,
You know this because you knew him ? or your historians ?

I mean there are lots of things that are not common knowledge like his third son Ip Wah, son to another womem, which no one seems to mention on the net or in books, but "pedophilia".

You've shown the level of your character time and time again.

TROLL !! :cool:

Phil Redmond
10-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Liddel, we all know who it is. IP addresses don't lie. ;)
Phil

Sirus
10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Liddel, we all know who it is. IP addresses don't lie. ;)
Phil
You do not know me why are you so paranoid

Sirus
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Well I did not start this thread but it now makes sence why did yip man like to hang around young boys. How many of you masters take 10 year old boys into your household and not have a girlfriend or wife.
Now I am starting to understand the will WING CHUN make you go gay thread.

anerlich
10-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Well I did not start this thread

But you do seem unusually keen on joining the paedophilia conga line, though at the moment it's only two people long (or is it only one? Are you sure you're from Texas and not Detroit?)

Now I am starting to understand the will WING CHUN make you go gay thread.

That was started by an obvious (unless you are a complete moron) troll and was about gayness, and one person's unusual obsessions, not paedophilia.

In any case, gayness does not equal or imply paedophilia, except to the stupendously ignorant.

anerlich
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
You do not know me why are you so paranoid

He was talking about Underd0rk2, not you. Now who's paranoid?

Unless you confused yourself with UD0rk2 for some reason ....

anerlich
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Also how old was William cheung when he lived with Yip Man

Slightly older than Bruce Lee was when the latter was attending YM's classes on a daily basis.

I suppose Bruce was molested too?

I suppose Leung Sheung, Wang Kiu, Ho Kam Ming, WSL, etc. etc. all knew about this but kept it secret?

The idea that such a high profile instructor who attracted such fierce loyalty from so many, including kids who he alllegely molested training and continuing to train under him, with the whole thing being hidden by a conspiracy of WC historians except for a single German apostate even more than thirty years after his death, is completely ridiculous.

Keep pushing this line, guys, and expose yourselves as complete morons or trolls, probably both.

anerlich
10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
if they brought up the Yip Chun thing would that be just as ludicrous?

I've not heard of the Yip Chun thing. Lack of interest. Is he claiming his Dad felt him up or something? Or is he supposed to be a child molester (as well)?

Man, this thread's going South quick.

At least I do BJJ, which so far has none of these sort of allegations. Unless one of you intrepid historians :p has some dirt on Helio ...

Sirus
10-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I've not heard of the Yip Chun thing. Lack of interest. Is he claiming his Dad felt him up or something? Or is he supposed to be a child molester (as well)?

At least I do BJJ, which so far has none of these sort of allegations. Unless one of you intrepid historians :p has some dirt on Helio ...
This seems to resemble the Micheal Jackson case why would a man want to take all these young boys to live with him, I said boys not girls where are all the yip man women masters. But as Mr Jackson said I just love the children

anerlich
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
This seems to resemble the Micheal Jackson case

Only to you, I think, and besides there is no Yip Man case.

Sirus
10-20-2005, 08:36 PM

Can't say I do Helio is a stand up guy no drugs and has avoided all apperances of evil unlike some.:D

lawrenceofidaho
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
how do non-mods like Phil and Victor have access to IP addresses?
Rule 1: Never tell others everything you know. :D:p :D

anerlich
10-22-2005, 03:31 AM
something to do with him batting for the other side

Not exactly a big deal these days.