PDA

View Full Version : David Lacey

Blacktiger
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi all

Has anyone out there trained under David Lacey?

A few class mates of mine used to train with him in Melbourne Australia, and some of the stories were pretty full on.

Just wondered if anyone else on here has trained with him :)

DF
10-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Blacktiger,
pls check your private message.

thks

DF

Buck Sing Gwoon
10-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Black Tiger,

My name is Nick and I am my Sifus Disciple and Representative here in Australia.

My school is located in St. Kilda, Melbourne.

Pls check your messages.

Blacktiger
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Great thanks guys

Serpent
10-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Black Tiger,

My name is Nick and I am my Sifus Disciple and Representative here in Australia.

My school is located in St. Kilda, Melbourne.

Pls check your messages.Hi Nick

A few years ago I dropped into the St Kilda place to visit but was told that you guys don't train there any more. Where are you at these days? What happened to Gary?

I'll try to drop in and say hi next time I'm down your way.

anton
10-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi,

I used to train under dave lacey in melbourne when i was a bit younger... This was back at the place above the panel beaters shop. I had been doing aikido for a while, and had found it too passive for me so I looked around at a whole bunch of other ma schools in melb. I found Sifu Lacey's school was completely different to all the other schools. I was in sixth grade at the time an the first thing I noticed was that there weren't any kids classes, and in fact there weren't any kids practicing at the school at all (apart from young Josh, whom Nick and any others probably remember). The training was intense and traditional but always fighting-oriented. The general vibe I got from the kwoon, the people there, the training and Sifu Lacey himself could be summed up in two words "no bull****".

I can attest to the fact that Dave Lacey was a real kung fu master of the old school, a real fighter, and quite a character! Due to my age at the time I never got to know sifu to the same extent that a lot of the older people did, but I got along well with Sifu, learned a lot of stuff that I remain grateful for and witnessed a few things that I won't forget!

PS - Hi Nick, how are you? How's the school going? I know I keep saying this, but I will drop in and check it out one of these days.