PDA

View Full Version : Please help

bodhitree
10-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone
I don't know whats wrong, however on my one side in the leg buttox area, right at the top of the leg in the back i have been having weird symptoms. The muscle there is extremely tight (compared to other side), i often feel it pulsating (not with the heartbeat, its weird), I can still move it through the range of motion, but it is incredibly immobile when doing static streatching. It is not painful. Do any of you know what this is? Thanks much, Scott

MasterKiller
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a pulled muscle.

bodhitree
10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
i always thought a pulled muscle had pain, decrease in normal motion. I can still kick the heavy bad, still lift. It's just static streatches are harder on that side and i feel it all the time. thanks for the imput though.

TangLangCh'uan
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
the root of your problem might be located in your lower back. i have had similar pain before, and i was told by my chiropractor that i have a sciatic nerve that is pinched every once in awhile, resulting in a similar kind of pain to yours. i don't remember exactly how the muscles in the back are attached to those in your legs, but try to make an effort to stretch your lower back out as well as your legs, and see if that helps.

hope you feel better.

-christopher

Mel
10-05-2005, 01:14 PM
I've had a muscle do that before. It'll tighten up but then it won't loosen. It'll just stay tight even when everything else around it is relaxed. It's a really weird feeling too. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's just those spasms, like you described. In my experience, the best thing for it is massage. Hope this helps.

bodhitree
10-05-2005, 01:30 PM
thanks for the great replies! I will take all of your advice!