PDA

View Full Version : Jason Yee's Dark Warrior Movie 10/7 - Boston

Mutant
10-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Any on you Boston area peeps who are interested in a film show screening of Jason Yee's movie, Dark Warrior, can see it at Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline, Friday night Oct 7, '05 at 11:00pm. Written by, directed by and starring Jason Yee, also features Cung Le and a handful of people from the Boston gym.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 30th Annual New England Film & Video Festival
Coolidge Corner Movie Theatre, 290 Harvard Street, Brookline MA 02146
617-734-2501 (office) | 617-734-2500 (recorded information)
http://www.coolidge.org

@ 11pm FRI OCT 7 TH
EDGE OF DARKNESS - DARK WARRIOR
After four years, Derek Wu is released from prison. Hunting for a regular job, he tries to redeem his life by living clean. Then, Derek's old gang buddies turn up murdered and police make him the prime suspect. (Jason Yee, 1h21m)
Shows with two shorts:
CLEAN (Stephen Dypiangco, 4m),
about a park maintenance woman struggles with a moral dilemma after discovering a wallet full of money,
and THUG (Geva Patz, 2m),
which follows a woman running for her life from a menacing persuer.

More info available on Jason's website www.jasonyeekungfu.com

Shaolin Dude
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
How come jason yee aren't listed in your school's website? I thought he was the main instructor

Mutant
10-07-2005, 07:41 AM
How come jason yee aren't listed in your school's website? I thought he was the main instructor
He is no longer our head coach because he's fully focused on his film career in LA now.

Lucas
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
did a search for the movie name came up with nothing.

watched this last night. was actually a pretty tragic tale. the budget seemed somewhat small, but over all i liked the film.

written, directed, produced, and staring jason yee.

cung le was in this film as well, he played the bad guy. I think he did a pretty good job.

if you watch this you may notice the bruce lee-esqueness of the garage fight scene near the middle to end of the film. i think this was intentional, and done pretty well.

GeneChing
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
We had it under the old working title.

Jason has a new one coming out soon - The Girl from the Naked Eye. It looks sort of noir. I mentioned it on the US Open International Martial Arts Championship XII thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=895048&postcount=62).

Lucas
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
ah, thanks for the merge. I'll be keeping my eye on Jason's film career.

Lucas
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
P. S.

To help promote this film, if you do netflix. its one of the few films you can instant que.

so if you do netflix. watch it, you got no excuses not to :p