PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest fear

greensage22
10-07-2005, 11:40 AM
We all learn martial arts so that some day, if we are attacked we can defend ourselves. "imagine, an attacker comes up to you in a dark alley, your
blood is pumping, you anticipate the attack, however before he gets within
striking range he reachs into his coat and pulls out a weapon."
my question is what weapon is the last one you would want to face unarmed

PangQuan
10-07-2005, 02:29 PM
um......a firearm....like, a lazer gun or something.

greensage22
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
something from outer space with a long impressive name like
a neuron disruptor

David Jamieson
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
intercontinental ballistic missile. There is no defense. You got chances to survive gun shot wounds or a good stabbing , beating or bludgeoning, but nukes? Man, those are bad.

I hate the military indutrial complex holding the sword of damacles over the worlds head.

I wish it would dissappear in an orgy of common sense one day.

well, here's to hoping.

greensage22
10-07-2005, 02:58 PM
how would someone carry an intercontinental balistic missle in a coat.

David Jamieson
10-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I carry mine in my 501's. :p

greensage22
10-07-2005, 03:11 PM
must be some potent fuel to make it to another country from your 501s

SPJ
10-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Cell phone with pic taking function.

If I walk in a dark alley, I dunt want to be seen.

:eek:

SPJ
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Seriously, people may use microcam to take spy pic without you knowing it.

If you go to Taiwan, be very careful.

Everywhere you go, some one may be taking the pic of you.

Bath room, bed room and else where.

I dun want my secret Kung Fu moves shown on DVD or VCD without moi knowing about it.

:eek:

SimonM
10-07-2005, 10:57 PM
A firearm. Seriously. I know how to handle myself around knives and a blackjack or a set of brass knuckles really would not concern me too much but a gun...

"Mountie: How many guns have you got?

American 1: I've got ten.

American 2: I've got fourteen; that's twenty... one.

Mounite: Well... Well... Where do you keep that many guns?

American 1: In our tank.

Mountie: You have a tank?

American 2: We didn't walk here.

Mountie: Where would you get a tank?

American 2: Wal Mart.

Mountie: Oh."

- Arrogant Worms - The RCMP Song

Mega_Fist
10-08-2005, 01:35 AM
I would most fear the weapon of the mind. If the spiritual can be a weapon then the master of the tiger is the essence of the spiritual.

IronFist
10-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Your biggest fear

Bees.

CaptinPickAxe
10-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I'd fear that he isn't reaching for a weapon, but a cellphone to tell my baby's mama that I'm in an alley behind a seedy strip joint....

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.:D

Mr Punch
10-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Bees.Man he can keep his bees... just as long as he doesn't pull out one of those hornets.

SPJ
10-09-2005, 07:13 AM
It is the dress code.

If you wear casual, and not wearing anything value with flat pockets.

you then considered not worth the trouble.

Depends on the area, if you wear wide jean pants, you may be considered as gang members by police and others.

So be careful what you wear.

:D

Wong Fei Hong
10-12-2005, 09:24 PM
It would definately have to be a 10 inch meat cannon :D

Shaolindoninja
10-13-2005, 08:39 AM
modern
a ump 45 sub machine gun or mp5sds. you don't have a chance at 15 meters they cut u in half in a second. no one can hear itor a cold steal recon tanato. (goes through armor) seen these used in combat ftx in ft benning. there a reason detla force guys carry these things. being on the bussines end of these things even the paintball versions from tippman are scary.

martial arts h2h some one who has master the hookswords, katana or kwan tao. i just think thier best designed baldes in history

my personal weapon is to metal rods or two sticks, Street it is two asp btons and a colt .45 gov mdel.

Slade
10-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I cant believe nobody said the muffin man, seriously how scary is that!!

thothor
10-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Obviously, a gun.

Bullets travel at the speed of sound (or just over). Difficult to defeat.

Having said that. The first time I saw a sword, I shat myself. I am talking about a samurai sword at a time when I practiced a Japenese martial art.

Teacher pulled the sword and pointed it straight at my eyes (for those that don't know, u point the sword at the eyes so ur opponent cannot tell it's length).

I can assure u I shat myself big time. I knew full well he knew how to use it.

And then he said. I teach u how to use the sword not because I want u to use it, but because u need to get used to it so u are not afraid of it.

We didn't practice with real swords but with bokken's (wooden swords) and jo's (short staffs).

As a police officer of many years this knowledge has proved most useful. Not because I have encountered any swordsman in my time, but I have encountered many with knives. Similar in ways that matter.

And the theory works with any weapon, but of course u are at a serious disadvantage against a gun. Best to attack with speed, or seek cover with speed, in that scenario, depending on the distances and circumstances.

SanHeChuan
10-16-2005, 06:00 PM
A scroll of paralysis. Nothing scarier than not being able to do a thing to protect your self. :eek:

TenTigers
10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
fuk da bees 'b hornets. spiders. Someone comes up to me in an alley and whips out a spider-he'e getting my wallet..and my virtue. I hate spiders.

pshycho biotches-the ones that show up at your door at 3am in the rain,mascara running down their eyes, wailing at you with a butcher knife, screaming,
"WHY DON"T YOU LOVE MEEEEE!!!???""
(never, never pick up those interpetive dance chicks at clubs)

Goin downtown, and smelling shrimp. You're already down there. Now what?