PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kung Fu

greensage22
10-07-2005, 12:43 PM
We all have heard of animal styles of kung-fu, monkey, tiger, eagle, crane.
this is just for fun, what animal style would you create given the chance?
and what would be it's characteristics.

I would make bull kung fu, based around planting firmly in stances, using
a lot of shoulder checks and pushes, power more then grace, and maybe
a double knife weapon addition for the horns. however I could only fight
people wearing red. and training would involve eating a lot of grass and standing
very still.

this is for fun, so be as slapstick as you want.

EarthDragon
10-07-2005, 01:30 PM
greenage 420.............

you already HAVE invented Bull Kung FU...........LMAO

greensage22
10-07-2005, 01:32 PM
way to dodge the question, earth dragon...very illusive

PangQuan
10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Raven style.

would look like a cross between snake, eagle, and crane most likely.

The raven is my totem animal according to my native background. Not to mention ravens are the smartest common bird, naturally they own.

Dim Wit Mak
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
I like PangQuan's idea about Raven Style. I love ravens for their intelligence, ingenuity, and sometimes cantankerous attitude.

For me it would be the fossa. It is a little known animal native to Madigascar. It looks kind of like a cross between a weasel and a cat. It is aggressive, mean, and very quick. A great kung fu style could be developed from this animal.

greensage22
10-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I really like the idea of a raven kung-fu
I honestly have never heard of a fossa, but it sounds like a wolverine.
or ferret ethier would be cool.

I picked the bull because i'm a taurus. my other choice was a pig, far east zodiac
I really wouldn't know what a pig could do to hurt someone other then sit on them
or transmit a disease by being eaten.

PangQuan
10-07-2005, 05:15 PM
then its settled. I will create raven kung fu. wait about 10 years...

Dim Wit Mak
10-07-2005, 05:39 PM
then its settled. I will create raven kung fu. wait about 10 years...

You gotta cut down that 10 years. I'm much too impatient to wait that long. In one year you will have a kicka_ _ system.:)

greensage22
10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
I'll help but I want results in 6months

Hephaestus
10-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Chameleon Kung Fu.
Primary focuses include adaptability and flow in combat, stealth and climbing skills, standing still, and diligent practice in an attempt to train the eyes to look in different directions at once. :D

Ou Ji
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I already have Infinite Monkey Boxing so I'll add:

Lemming Style - whatever your opponent throw you throw the same technique back at him

Meercat Style - you train your buddies to keep an eye out for trouble and watch your back

Turtle Style - a combination of Iron Body and Tai Chi

Mega_Fist
10-08-2005, 01:33 AM
I'd create judo fish style. This guy bodhitree keeps talking about fish which got me thinking- the way fish toss and turn and swim. If, using my psychology, I could create a system that was both philosophical and spiritual then I could make the fish style.

Ben Gash
10-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Pig style. Did you know that a pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes :eek:

SimonM
10-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Well there has to be some trade-off for being a pig.

I mean talk about good news / bad news.

I would have said bear style but then I found out that Baji already has it. Now I just want to learn Baji.

Mel
10-08-2005, 05:37 AM
How did YOU know that, Ben?:eek:

greensage22
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
would you really want to know?:)

Kristoffer
12-23-2005, 08:45 AM
a new 5 animal system: Known as The Clan

Bear = basics. development of muscles. (2 years)
Wolf = add in development of stand up fighting skills. (5 years)
Eagle = add in groundfighting, Qin Na and throwing skills. (5 years)
Wolverine = add in weapon training (7 years)
Moose = king of the jungle stage. last test is a 300 man fight and a 2 month mission where you put ur skills to the test. if u fail u have to leave the Clan or start over again from the beginning.

all training is outside in the snow. students are hand picked by the coaches. training is all year with vacation two months a year. during training u live in the camp with the rest of the recruits. u can't leave the camp except on vacation or if u fail - such as do not meet the requirements, die etc. or if u complete the education.

weapons

Knife: basic to advanced combat training. development of own knife, how to cut meat, throwing skills etc.

Bow and Arrow: How to make, include target practise from concealed areas, include extensive tree climbing skills. stealth etc

Explosives: everything that go boom. how to produce and use.

Clan training also includes:

survival skills, underwater fighting, city infiltration missions, lock picking, brainwashing, handling animals such as the bear, training your own eagle and much much more.
recruits will receive the Clan symbol wich is a wooden drum. If training is completed, the recruited is awarded with a special symbol.

Try-outs once every year! Sounds like something for you? Give me a PM (age limit is 21. prefeerable age is 16)

greensage22
12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
see what you did there?, you took something fun and made it creepy:D