PDA

View Full Version : Club Info..

coolbeansplease
10-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I found a link to the following website http://www.greendragonkungfu.ca/, the green dragon kung fu association. its possible that i might be moving to edmonton sometime soon and want to continue trainin. i have trained in choy lay fut before. these guys teach lots of stuff. what is short hand choy lay fut? if anyone has any info that would be great! thanks for reading.

coolbeans

bing bang pow
10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
This looks like a good school. You would be lucky to study there. :)

Ao Qin
10-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Hello, I am a student of this school. If you have any particular questions I would be happy to try and answer them (I am part of a "branch" school in Winnipeg) or refer you to someone who can.

It would be difficult to explain what SHCLF "is" compared to other branches. From my understanding, it is a village art, which was recently promoted by Wong Cheun Yip in the Toisan area. Master (Mark) Chan Yin Wah (Green Dragon in Edmonton - Wong Cheun Yip's Grandson), Master Paul Chan (Hong Luck in Toronto) and the late Chan Tai San all learned from this teacher and now promote this unique Art in North America.

Cheers - AQ

hkbark@mts.net

Lama Pai Sifu
10-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Ao Qin

It would be difficult to explain what SHCLF "is" compared to other branches. From my understanding, it is a village art, which was recently promoted by Wong Cheun Yip in the Toisan area. Master (Mark) Chan Yin Wah (Green Dragon in Edmonton - Wong Cheun Yip's Grandson), Master Paul Chan (Hong Luck in Toronto) and the late Chan Tai San all learned from this teacher and now promote this unique Art in North America.

I am a disciple of the late GM Chan Tai-San. I do have lists of all his CLF teachers and the name you mention here does not appear on them and I am not familiar with his name. I am CTS's senior disciple in our CLF line and his lineage inheritor.

And as far as I know, his association with Pau Chan was that they were friends and my Sifu used to teach in his school. I know some of the senior (or did know) people there and no one, including my Sifu ever referred to the two of them as training brothers or classmates.

I am going to Toi-San next month and would like to look up info on SHCLF (could you please elaborate as to what the "SH" means?).

Master PC's stuff was very different from what I was taught. P. Chans' people do a version of CLF called "Do Pai". Is this what you are referring to?

I welcome your response on this post or you are invited to PM me.

lkfmdc
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
As another student of Chan Tai San's, I can speak to this issue. Perhaps it is a mis-understanding on your part, but let me speak clearly and correct any mis-understanding

Paul Chan of the Hong Luck Club does a system known as Dou Pai, founded by a sifu named Chan Dou. Chan Dou combined Lama and Choy Lay Fut to found Dou Pai.

Paul Chan is a little younger than Chan Tai San. Chan Tai San, while a little younger than Chan Dou, knew master Chan Dou....

For this reason, Chan Tai San was welcome in the Hong Luck club as a friend of their Si-Gung

Chan Tai San was not part of thier lineage in any way, and the statement made here is incorrect.

Best wishes
David A Ross
www.LamaKungFu.org

Lama Pai Sifu
10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
You tell 'em David!

By the way, can you please call me on my cell today? We need to discuss the date change and stuff.

Later buddy!

lkfmdc
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I can call you, but date change? Man, we sold like 15 tickets this week....

David Jamieson
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
sh=short hand

lung 1
10-17-2005, 05:06 PM
I train at Hong Luck, we study both do pi and choi lee fut. As far as I know Master Paul Chan studied under Wong Cheun Yip as we have his picture in our school and we bow to him to pay respects.

Ao Qin
10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Hello again,

My apologies LPS and DAR - I was misinformed - CTS trained within the same community in Toisan, but was not part of this lineage - apparently he did not train under Wong Chiun Yip directly.

I met CTS in San Fransisco as a student of my Sifu some time ago, and from the exchange and subsequent conversations, I got my facts mixed up.

Sincerley,

AQ

lkfmdc
10-23-2005, 09:35 PM
It wasn't a "problem" and apoligies are not necessary, I was just correcting the lineage info....

Be well

David A Ross
www.LamaKungFu.org