PDA

View Full Version : Great News for Calgary, Alberta!

couch
10-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Wayne Belonoha is now teaching in Calgary!

I discovered this from his website: http://www.vingtsun.ca

Today, I went down to meet the author/Sifu with my Sifu and Sihing and was very warmly received. He is currently teaching semi-privately close to the University of Calgary. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Good stuff,
Kenton Sefcik

Jeff Bussey
10-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey Kenton,
I just read that as well.
Wayne's a good guy and his chi sau is really good.
Hope he's doing well out there.

J

Matrix
10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey Kenton,

That's interesting because I thought you were already training with Wayne.
I did not know there were other Sunny Tang guys in Calgary.
My bad...

couch
10-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Kenton,

That's interesting because I thought you were already training with Wayne.
I did not know there were other Sunny Tang guys in Calgary.
My bad...

Now there's three people from the Moy Yat family...

My Sifu, Greco Wong and Wayne. Good stuff! So far so good. He's really pushing his students right now it seems. He's probably wanting seniors so that when others come into his club...he'll have some help. What was really cool to watch was how Wayne explained things my Sifu explained to me. He (of course) has a different explaination for things...it opened my eyes a bit.

Take care,
Kenton Sefcik

Matrix
10-16-2005, 06:31 AM
He (of course) has a different explaination for things...it opened my eyes a bit.You should go to Toronto some time, especially when there is an event on. You meet lots of people who have interesting ideas on things. To me that's one of the best part about Wing Chun. Meeting people, and sharing ideas.

snakebyte8
10-16-2005, 07:35 AM
The good thing about Wayne is that no matter where your Wing Chun goes you can always reference back to what he's doing as it's precisely the same as what Sunny Tang taught. I wish him great success with his school.

E. W.

couch
10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
The good thing about Wayne is that no matter where your Wing Chun goes you can always reference back to what he's doing as it's precisely the same as what Sunny Tang taught. I wish him great success with his school.

E. W.

It's funny you say this. As we were watching Wayne show the juniors stuff...my Sifu turned to me and said...

"It's spooky...he moves just like my Sifu...and Dunn Wah."

It's like he floats when he shifts. Laf.

The best things other than him teaching here is that I got his book for 15 bux cheaper than the store with my name and his autograph. Maybe one day it'll be a collector's item! ;)

PS I would love to go to Toronto and check out the scene/schools there as well. I'm sure I'll venture back to that city one day. I've only driven through it to go to Niagara region to get married.

Peace,
Kenton Sefcik

snakebyte8
10-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Couch, i'm glad your impressed with Wayne's abilities. He has spent alot of time and effort to get to the level he is at. I remember when he was just a junior and he was no better (or worse) than anybody else. He is merely a product of a lot of hard work and diligent practice. You will attain the same level too if you keep at it.

Be careful not to place anyone on a pedestal.

BTW if ANYONE floats while they are shifting, a little nudge directed through their motherline towards the "missing point in the triangle" should provide alot more flotation! p.s. thats an equilateral triangle!:)

Phil Redmond
10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Snakebyte8 how far are you from 927 Dupont Street? I'll be there for a William Cheung seminar Oct 29-30
Phil

snakebyte8
10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Not too far. Too bad I missed you the last time you came to town. A good friend of mine (Navi) invited me to coffee that weekend but I couldn't make it.:(