PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Wing Chun purists

Doug H
10-16-2005, 08:05 AM
http://www.wingtjun.com

lawrenceofidaho
10-16-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.wingtjun.com
Iadarola apparently likes wing chun very much, but is hardly a purist..........
(To his credit) he encourages his students to study jiu jitsu along with wing chun, and has brought aboard a jiu jitsu master as a recognized officer and "Grandmaster" in his IWKA organization.

mexenergy
10-16-2005, 01:25 PM
maybe he was tryin to be sarcastic.

lawrenceofidaho
10-16-2005, 01:40 PM
maybe he was tryin to be sarcastic.
:eek:

Sarcasm?? -On THIS forum??

anerlich
10-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Sounds pretty good - most impressive of all is the fact that he's found yet another way to spell Wing Chun.

Lawrence, maybe the "J" is to signify the jiu jitsu influence? ;) Must mention that idea to my instructor.

Phil Redmond
10-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Sounds pretty good - most impressive of all is the fact that he's found yet another way to spell Wing Chun.

Lawrence, maybe the "J" is to signify the jiu jitsu influence? ;) Must mention that idea to my instructor.
The funny thing is regardless of the Romanized spellings us Westerners use. All Cantonese speakers will say, Weeng Choon. ;)
Phil

negativecr33p
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Hmm. If purist=discouraging training in groundfighting, then purist=moron. What happens if the purists deadly "anti grapple" fails him and he falls to ground when attacked? If he actually manages to wrestle him to an inferior position, is he no longer a purist? He prolly used some type of folk style wrestling technique to do so. Hmmm. I've got two anmes and a statement. Emin Bozetepe vs. William Chueng. ROFLMAO. That was seriously a funny fight. I got into better fights that ended up on the ground in grade school . I'm serious to.

45degree fist
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Enuf with the sarcasm what I want to know is, are they gonna put any pictures of sifu
Ladorola in the picture gallery.

lawrenceofidaho
10-17-2005, 04:07 PM
this stuff deserves to be in TRS Direct...
WTF is TRS direcT?[/QUOTE]

Acronyms are often indicators of something ridiculous....... What's up with this TRS?

which will increase their self defence abilities by 500%. WingTjun training will teach you to direct the force of an attack
Are you sure it isn't 5,000%?? :cool:

anerlich
10-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I can't remember what TRS stands for, but it is/was a company that makes/made lots of JKD and RBSD tapes, with completely OTT statements about the efficacy of the systems, how they would transform a 90 pound weakling armed with only a toothpick into an invincible killing machine against ex-special forces mercenaries armed to the teeth, etc.

One of the more ridiculous ones I remeber was for a Russian MA system, with an anecdote about sme Russian soldier who had been lost in the desert in Afghanistan for days without food or water, and then ran five armed turban-clad enemies on horseback, who he easily dispatched in seconds even in his weakened condtion using the dealy techniques of this classified MA. You get the drift.

Seriously, I've no idea about Sifu Iadorola and his skills, but no reason to assume he can't deliver the goods either. I hope he prospers. nice website.