PDA

View Full Version : Hu Xi Lin Site!

Three Harmonies
10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
It has been hard to keep my mouth shut, but I am pleased to announce the launch of my teachers website www.sixharmoniesmantis.com ! This is Hu Xi Lin's first site, and contains info about him, and shows some clips of applications (and of course yours truly getting his ass handed to him :p ), as well as some classic, never before shared photos of Ma Han Qin and his students back in the day!

Enjoy,
Jake Burroughs :)

Oso
10-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Nice work!

Question: Would Master Hu give a seminar in that Wolf's Tooth club? That's a weapon that looks like it would fit my personal style. :D

yu shan
10-17-2005, 07:14 AM
What a nice site! I especially enjoyed the old photos and the video... well done! Jake, give Master Hu my regards.

EarthDragon
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
I agree! a great site, as well I loved the old black and white class pics.... OK when are you comming up north with one of your many seminars???? ya got my itchin...

mantis108
10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful site. I am very glad that Master Hu finally has a website up. I am sure this would help to promote his arts and Tanglang in general.

I especially enjoy the New Mexico seminar clips. The impression that I have is that it is indeed a well thought out seminar. It is really refreshing to see traditional Kung Fu seminar that places focus on applications particularly entry methods, Chin Na and takedown. Personally, it is a nice touch ( sorry about the terrible attempt of a pun that does not quite reflect the good material being shown) that Master Hu shown the bien hua (contingent measures). The rolling and ground kick follow up in one of the clips is very nice and it demonstrate clearly Master Hu's combat experience. I hope everyone had a great time drilling and absorbing the lesson.

I wish that Master Hu and you will continue that good work that you have been doing and the great art of Tanglang will continue to flourish.

Warm regards

Robert

Three Harmonies
10-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks all! I will pass along the kudos to Hu Laoshi.

Matt,
I am sure he would. If you are really interested email me.

ED
Anytime you want to host me, I am happy to come in! Just email me and we can talk.

Cheers
Jake :)

Michael Dasargo
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Very nice representations! I like the fist talk in the video! Speaks very loudly about Hu Xi Lin's school and what they do. Congrats!

M.