PDA

View Full Version : Oct 23 NYC THROWDOWN

Ray Pina
10-17-2005, 08:22 AM
There will be a Throwdown held at Fight House (122 West 27th St.) this Sunday, Oct 23.

Please, only interested parties respond. If we have a few martial artist signed up by Wed., I’ll book the space for noon.

rogue
10-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Ray you might want to think about moving on from the throwdowns.

Ray Pina
10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
It's amazing how I lived on this spinning ball of a planet for 31 years without the help of this forum's membership.

Anyway, for anyone who's interested, there are a few kick boxers, wrestlers, kung fu, JJ and BJJ guys who have committed to attend.

Two of them have posted that they are light, about 165lbs (one way be lighter), so if someone was interested but nervous about being undergunned, don't be. We always mix and match these things anyway.

Ray Pina
10-19-2005, 11:16 AM
We are booked for 12 noon, Sun., at Fight House (http://www.fighthouse.com/ ... 122 West 27st). There is a $12 fee to be paid to Fight House management for using the space.

Please, everyone try to be there on time.

Chief Fox
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Ray in addition to moving on from the throwdowns here are a few other things you should do.

1. Get a hair cut. I always feel better after I get my hair cut.
2. loose some weight. Not sure if you're over weight or not but everyone needs to loose some weight.
3. Get a cat. Cats are very soothing animals and are sometimes fun to watch.
4. Learn to speak a second language like Latin or French.
5. Become a vegetarian. The hormones in meat will make you grow breasts.
6. Get a hobby like maybe photography.

That's all I have for now. If you want some more advice on how to live your life, you won't even have to ask, someone I'm sure will tell you.

:D

SanHeChuan
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I, oddly enough, will be in new york this weekend. What exactly is the nature on these "throwdowns"?

lkfmdc
10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
I, oddly enough, will be in new york this weekend. What exactly is the nature on these "throwdowns"?

You show up in a vintage 1970's Adidas Track Suite and cool white Adidas shells with no laces. Bring your own cardboard box. Bringing your own music is recommended, but optional. When you hear the beat, it's time to throwdown, both locking and breaking are acceptable, but don't be buggin with no skeezy bites

Hard Fists
10-19-2005, 12:17 PM
and none of that robot junks--DOUGH!

SanHeChuan
10-19-2005, 02:08 PM
But, my sifu only teaches the “Carlton.” :o As the ancient masters did before us.

Ray Pina
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM

Usually, you show up, exchange pleasantries, go to the back room, grab a partner and take it from there. All we ask is that everyone respects the tap immediately.

Two guys who said they are coming are smallish, about 165, so they said they just might want to roll and I said I'd ablidge them. Always interested in doing this will unfamiliar bodies.

As for the other 4 guys, I don't know their age, size or style or what they'd like to do.

Subitai
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Here you go man,

I think they are shooting for NOV. 19th.

http://hungkuennet.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~4309.asp

These are fellow Gung Fu dudes, they are cool, perhaps you might find some fellas there to suit you.

Everyone you come in contact with will help you. I always feel that way myself...anyway.

Hope you don't mind me being a little nosy... Since you are Kung Fu guy attempting to "put out some goods", when it comes to MMA. I am curious as to how well you do in the near future.

I also admire your willingness to bang. Honestly, I wish you much success.

ease on,

"O"

rogue
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
So, what happened?

TenTigers
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Actually, you would need to contact DF first. These are by invitation only, as it is at his school, I would go through the proper channels first.

Subitai
10-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Actually,

I had sent a PM to Ray, about 2 wks ago...saying that he should contact a "TenTigers" from this very board. And that TT, being a cool enough dude, would make the right introductions or at least lead him in the right direction. Seems I was correct.

That is true, he could copy and past what I said about you if he still has it.

I wasn't sure from Rays reponse to me however, if he was totally closed off from going to such a gathering as DF has.

So today as a matter of fact when I found that thread on SFO...I also contacted Dragonclaw (via PM) to let him know about Ray's interest in Fighting....since he loves to fight too.

That is true as well.

But I apologize to you TenTigers for not relaying all the background information.

I had assumed he (Ray) would do the correct thing and probably contact you 1st.

I shouldn't have done that, eh?
"O"

DF
10-26-2005, 10:11 PM
TT told me about the thread over here. Let me give a little background of this gathering. It started about a year ago with folks from different styles meeting up to share and to exchange knowledges. Since then very close friendships had formed. We no longer announce the meeting time in public because there was no need for it anymore since we talk and see each other almost on a weekly basis. Anyone is welcome if they don't mind working out with a bunch of old folks like us. Just pm me or TT for the time and place of the next meeting.

DF

Sorry for the thread hijack, pls continue on with the original discussion.