PDA

View Full Version : Theroy on reasons why boxers keep beating up kf guys

Sirus
10-18-2005, 06:42 PM
You've seen all these MMA things, UFC, etc and boxers and THai boxers and wrestlers, etc beating guys like you in full contact fights. But why? Is it cos theyhave bettter MA? Well, thai boxing is very effective for fighting and with an art like judo or BJJ to go with it that makes a tough fighter

But the reason I reckon is cos of the way they train. A KF guy has the potential to murder a boxer or a Muay Thai guy, but they murder KF guys cos they train smart. Whilst KF guys ar estandiong in horse stance doing forms and no/semi cotnact sparring, the guys who win it all are analying their techniques and training methods to find out how to put most effectiveness in them. Whilst too many karatekids accept blindly everything their instructor says, the winners are always seeking the answers to improve their skills. They train smart. They don't believe in the old "weights is bad for MA" rubbush or to impove stamina for MA do long slow jogs or forms for ages. They have great footwork (look at Ali) and they can take a punch. So, here's some things I think might help

Get some pads and do more full contact sparring
Keep it simple. Why do a cyclone kick when you have a strong jab.
Combine weights with plyometrics for speed strength. E.g bench 3x5 reps superset each set with 20 MB passes
H.I.I.T training for stamina. 30sec medium, 30 sec fast for 5-15 minutes.
MA is 70% anaerobic!!!
So weight trainnig will do more for you than lots of press ups
Thogh lots of press ups are still useful, though it would be better to do fingertip or clapping pushups instead of the boring normal ones.
Train like you mean it. Feel the burn. Get yer heart pumping. Sweat.
Look at all the different stances and see which one is best for a real life situation (i.e balacne, mobility, freedom of movement, etc) and smae goes for footwork. I prefer to shuffle mesen. Don't bounce
Stay relaxed then tense at the lat second for striknig and blocking. If you you are relaxed all the time when blocking yer arm will be knocked down. If tense all the time you will be 2 slow, rigid and telegraphic.
If you think forms prepare you for self defence rack off now!
You can't grab a punch. You have to stop it then hold it.
Yin and Yang together. Learn to be hard and soft, combine striking and grappling, high and low.
Keep it easy. Kick to legs, groin and stomach. Punch to head and torso.
Learn how to use yer whole body to punch and kick, but make sure yo improve yer speed and learn to keep good balance.
To punch well, you need to strengthen EVERY muscle in yer body (and stretch them)
Keep flexible and loose
Snap kicks are fast but don't have much power. Holding kicks are powerful but it's harder to make them fast. Train yersen to use both cos some opponents will be too fast for the Thai kick, some will be too hard for the snap kick.
If you say, "If a guy did this I'd go into horse stance, grab his fist, apply form 3..." then you're kidding yersen. The horse stance and the cracne stacne are for training, not fighting. Ina fierce scrap, they take too long and are 2 telegraphed
Don't be afraid to question your sifus if you don't agree. I point out if I think there's a better way.
Keep it simple whilst fighting, but training the harder, more complex moves will help build speed and power in the simple moves. E.g train high kicks, kick low in fights.
Look at how boxers and Muay thaiers and judoak train. Take a hint

PHILBERT
10-18-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.oddjack.com/dead%20horse.jpg

This has been discussed in detail before on the site. There are guys like Iron Fist, 7*, MP and even RTB who are very fit, and cross train and suggest that. The problem is that people lack the discipline to actually exercise or follow it.