PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies

Phil Redmond
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
I apologize to the forum if my membership has cause negative 'elements' to follow me here. Maybe if I don't post here they will leave. I'm taking a break from this forum for that reason. I will continue to post on the forums that require it's member to use real names (many of you know which ones I'm refering to). People on those forums are accountable for what they say since they use their real identiy. Anyone can post here using an assumed name :(
Also, I will be making clips of combat WC. I'm training with a BJJ/MMA guy who also knows WC. He's willing to help me out with things like defense against the shoot and Chess on the mats. People whose identities I know for sure can have access to the clips by emailing me at sifupr@gmail.com. I would really like input from those of you who crosstrain. I don't want to leave anyone out but Ernie, knifefighter, Andrew, ect., can point out my weakness, especially since I'm a beginner at grappling. I practice WC but I'm a martial artist first and I'll use ANYTHING that works. If anyone has clips to post send them to wcvids@gmail.com. I will post them here for you for two days.
Phil

Mortal1
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
If you leave then that person wins. I have had blowouts with a couple of guys on here. I'm mature enough to still post on the same thread and just ignore them. I think you help contribute to the threads here and should stay. The fact that some jerk keeps attacking you shouldn't bother you. Let it roll off your shoulders. Bend like a reed in the wind.

What are these accountable forums you speak of? lol i think we all know who it is anyway.

Sirus
10-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Yea don't go, like I told vic "Sticks and Stone wil break your bones but names will never hurt you" I learned this in Kintergarden. I have issues with a couple of guys here I just ignore them and no longer respond to there remarks.

Phil Redmond
10-21-2005, 12:56 PM
. . . . . as to the forums with "real" names...what's the difference between them and this one? couldn't one just make up a name just the same as a handle? how can real identities ever be verified over the internet on forums unless a pic of a driver's license for example, is used?
You have to post a real name and your Sifu/lineage. These things can be traced (to a degree).
Phil

Chief Fox
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
You don't have to apologize to me. I enjoy reading your posts and watching your videos.

I try to follow these 3 simple rules when people are being negative towards me.
1. Ignore them.
2. Ask them nicely to stop.
3. Smash them over the head with chair.

reneritchie
10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Phil,

Just do what you do, bro.

If people want to troll you between fringe-pr0n downloads, that's their sad, pathetic existance. You just keep sharing.

I post here, on the WCML, and on wingchunkuen.com, and I enjoy the variety and views on all the different forums/lists.

canglong
10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Redmond Sifu,
Don't sweat the small stuff and this forum definetly falls into the category of small stuff. If someone trolls you call them your fan club if someone bad mouths you consider them the president of the club either way never let 'em see you sweat. Being the military man that you are let me explain it like this on board ship we used to have a saying you are nobody until you've been taken to captains mast. I'll leave it to you to you to figure out whether or not I spent my fair share of time before the old man :)

Sirus
10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't give up Phil we enjoy all of your posts and videos, we are looking forward to the full contact combat wing chun videos.:)

Ultimatewingchun
10-21-2005, 05:42 PM
My good friend for many years...Phil:

Mortal is right. If you leave - then they win.

But the problem is - if you stay but ignore their posts - then they get the chance to slander you without recrimination.

So what to do? :confused:

PICK YOUR SPOTS!!!

Sometimes it pays to ignore them, sometimes it pays to confront them directly, sometimes it pays to OUT them if you know who they are...

and sometimes it's best to just go out for a beer with the guys.:p

P.S. - The fact that Sirus (Nelson) has had the gall to come on this thread and try to act like "one of the guys" is just another example of his schizo personality. :rolleyes:

schwarzdragon
10-21-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm not ashamed of my name or lineage. My name is Jim Schwarz. I studied under Master Sifu John Clayton in Baltimore, Maryland. You can verify this by looking up his website: www.advancedwingchun.com, where I'm listed as a full training instructor under the lineage section. By the way, he has some awesome videos there, too. I was the next to last instructor that Master Clayton trained. He showed me the complete traditional wing chun system. Thank you for sending me a private message. It is a shame that others have used this forum to disrespect you. Master Clayton thinks highly of you. I will share this information with him tomorrow when I meet with him. Naturally, you should be listed as one of the top wing chun fighters in the world. It's great that you are cross-training in other areas. Please reconsider your desire to leave this forum. Also, have you considered joining the Yahoo group entitled "wing_chun_unification"? I have received alot of interesting emails from them. Ultimately, only a coward hides behind a false name. The brave must stand up for what they believe in.

schwarzdragon
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Master Clayton has recently renovated his website and many of the links don't work yet. Luckily, I printed out his previous webpages including several articles that no longer are on there. There is no longer a lineage section. The videos are still working.

Phil Redmond
10-21-2005, 09:26 PM
If you leave then that person wins. I have had blowouts with a couple of guys on here. I'm mature enough to still post on the same thread and just ignore them. I think you help contribute to the threads here and should stay. The fact that some jerk keeps attacking you shouldn't bother you. Let it roll off your shoulders. Bend like a reed in the wind . . .
Thanks, that was good advice.
Phil

paradoxbox
10-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Don't let the trolls get to you, there's lots of idiots out there, and for the love of god please do not diss the binge pr0n downloads :D

Mr Punch
10-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Since by number of years in you are way my senior, but you are of a different lineage does that mean I can't say, "Don't be daft, Phil!"? :confused: :D

PICK YOUR SPOTS!!!I used to, but it messed up the keyboard.

Patrick Gordon
10-22-2005, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=schwarzdragon]I'm not ashamed of my name or lineage. My name is Jim Schwarz. I studied under Master Sifu John Clayton in Baltimore, Maryland. You can verify this by looking up his website: www.advancedwingchun.com,

That isn't the Bot Cham Do form on his video is it? I am not knocking your Sifu at all, I am just wondering. It didn't look like any Wing Chun I ahave ever seen.

Patrick Gordon.

marcus_pasram
10-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I apologize to the forum if my membership has cause negative 'elements' to follow me here. <snip>

Phil, Think about the positives. Don't give those rasterds (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rasterd) the satisfaction. I deal with trolls all the time and the best advice comes from Timothy Campbell, who wrote a very good article on dealing with Trolls (http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm)

Phil Redmond
10-23-2005, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=schwarzdragon]I'm not ashamed of my name or lineage. My name is Jim Schwarz. I studied under Master Sifu John Clayton in Baltimore, Maryland. You can verify this by looking up his website: www.advancedwingchun.com,

That isn't the Bot Cham Do form on his video is it? I am not knocking your Sifu at all, I am just wondering. It didn't look like any Wing Chun I ahave ever seen.

Patrick Gordon.
Sifu Clayton was ad libbing (sp)? That's not the actual BJD form.
Phil

Phil Redmond
10-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Phil, Think about the positives. Don't give those rasterds (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rasterd) the satisfaction. I deal with trolls all the time and the best advice comes from Timothy Campbell, who wrote a very good article on dealing with Trolls (http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm)
That article is so true. Thanks, I'm not going anywhere unless I decide to stop posting on my own and not because of trolls.
Phil

Phil Redmond
10-23-2005, 10:14 AM
The link to your website seems to be broken, at least on my end, and you don't have a way to PM email you here. Can you email me at sifupr@gmail.com regarding the BJD form?
Thanks in advance.
Phil

martyg
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I apologize to the forum if my membership has cause negative 'elements' to follow me here. Maybe if I don't post here they will leave.

At first glance, it almost sounds like you're talking about ghosts or something paranormal, heh. I know a good banishing chant or two. ;)

I'm taking a break from this forum for that reason.

Phil, as someone who has been involved in online martial arts discussions since '90, I can honestly tell you these types come and go. Stay true to your self, ignore the riff raff (except when they become too stupid for everyone elses good), and you'll be fine. Leaving here isn't going to do anything - they'll just pop back up when you get active again or follow you elsewhere.

lawrenceofidaho
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Phil,

anyone here with a modicum of intelligence knows how to seperate the wheat from the chaff, and can see past these retard's BS.........

No need to make yourself scarce. :)

Besides, it sometimes offers a bit of entertainment to see how low they'll go, and no one with any active brain matter will see it as reflecting on you in any way.

-Lawrence