PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy this?

Royal Dragon
10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Cut Your Exercise Time in Half ... and Get Better Results

For years, conventional wisdom has said that when it comes to exercise, "more is better" and long, slow workouts are best. We were told, for example, to go out and take long "walks" to prevent heart attacks. But we now know that only vigorous activity effectively reduces heart deaths. And that it doesn't have to take more than 15 minutes of your time each day.

Research clearly shows that the best way to improve your health, increase your fitness, and shed fat quickly is to exercise in intervals - short bursts of intense activity followed by brief periods of recovery. As you become accustomed to the activity, gradually increase the intensity rather than the duration.

If you're interested in a detailed plan to reduce your workout time to less than 15 minutes a day (while improving your results), check out Dr. Al Sears' latest book, The Doctor's Heart Cure. (http://www.alsearsmd.com/heart-cure.php)

- Jon Herring

Reply]
I'm not sure this works. I have personally found that 40 minutes to an hour at a solid pace (Like an hour of non stop form work) is the only way I have ever been able to cut weight at all. According to a bio chemist by the name of "Covert Baily" the body doesn't even begin to burn fat until a good 20 minutes of exercise.

Comments anyone?

Chief Fox
10-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't buy that book just go to http://www.crossfit.com and try the workout of the day for one week. You'll be a believer.

mickey
10-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Greetings,

It looks like someone else is trying to co op the accomplishments of Arthur Jones, creator of Nautilus Fitness machines. He is also known for his High Intensity Training methods. He proved this nearly 30 years ago during the West Point Experiment and I wish I knew about him much sooner. It was the startling results of this method that gave rise to the circuit training craze during the early 80's; unfortunately, they left the intensity out of that method. Mentzer's training methods, HIIT, and TUT can be traced back to Jones' Hit Intensity Training.

There is a book coming my way in November that addresses the HIT method. If it is any good, I will make mention of it.

Weider had it all wrong, guys.

mickey

Royal Dragon
10-22-2005, 04:37 PM
See, I've done high intensity workouts, and yes my cardio improved, and I got strength quicker and all, I also had shocking amounts of energy for the day, but weight loss? not really. Only an hour of forms at a good nonstop pace 3 or preferably 4 times a week seems to drop weight on me. LOTS of hikeing, like 4-6 hours a day works great too (used to do this with my daughter every weekened when she was young (6), and every summer after my mornig workout during lay off season too.

To me it is common sense. The more you work your muscles, the more they burn fuel. So, if you do a long hard workout, you will still be loosing more weight than a more intense, but really short workout.