PDA

View Full Version : Moy Yat?

mpossoff
10-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Hi,

There is a WT/WC school in Chinatown/Philadelphia.

I was wondering what makes Moy Yat different?

Marc

negativecr33p
10-24-2005, 09:05 AM
it's got way moy yat than other wing chun.

couch
10-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi,

Marc

When you join "Le Club Moy Yat" you get:

1. The secret family videos with all the REAL Wing Chun forms...not that changed forms stuff.

2. Free vinyl fridge sticker.

3. Secret 3D decoder glasses so that you can make out Non-Le-Club-Moy-Yat people on the street and know instantly if you can beat them in a Chi Sao competition.

Honestly...we can't tell you this...you have to do the research yourself by trying out a few clubs in town. Give each about 3 months each and make the decision. The energy of the club/atmosphere/teaching style/practicality/etc has to resonate with you...then that's the club for you.

Peace,
Kenton Sefcik

Tom Kagan
10-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi,

Marc

:confused:
From my perspective, I've come to the conclusion the difference seems to be people ask what makes him different disproportionally more often than the same question asked of others.

What makes Moy Yat different? Other than the peculiar idiosyncrasy above, nothing.

[Warning: The following is a SHAMELESS PLUG]

The school in Chinatown, Philadelphia belongs to my SiHing, Pete Pajil. While no teacher or school can be all things to all people, there are but a few people in this world more qualified to give a good taste of Ving Tsun to a prospective student.

(He'll probably be annoyed I said that.)

YungChun
10-29-2005, 03:56 AM
Pete is indeed one of those few who in addition to being very talented, has had the right training and actual experience applying WCK in real life...

In short Pete $%*#& rocks!!!

NeedsPractice
10-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Check out every wing chun school you can, compare them.
Also check out a couple of jujitsu(not bjj) or karate schools.

Then think about not just how they train but how they move.
Good martial artists regardless of style or branch will have quality movement, hard style or soft style they should look like they have something behind the movements and train seriously.

Then pick a school ( hopefully one of the wing chun ones)