PDA

View Full Version : Qigong to help eyesight?

origenx
05-07-2001, 07:35 PM
Sepaking of hearing, what about qigong to help nearsightedness?

I am nearsighted, and I suspect my liver/digestion is underfunctioning too. Which would confirm the theoretical link between the eye and liver meridians. (Does anyone else notice if these 2 functions are so related?) So I think I need to clear my abdomen/2nd chakra.

Anyways, anyone got good suggestions on how to do this, or just cure nearsightedness in general?

Wongsifu
05-07-2001, 10:47 PM
I have been doing this for about 2 years now and Ive almost succeded , I dont practise enough nowadays but I dropped from 4.5 myopia to about 1.5 in about a year and a half of solid practise of at least 20 mins a day.
What you need to strengthen is your liver because its connected to your eyes, you kidneys because they are connected to some pressure points around the eyes and because they pump energy around the spine.
Then you have to fix your posture so that you are straight for the energy to flow up.

These 3 points are fine tuning 30% of it

Another 10% is making sure the solar plexus is not always empty if you have too much sex it will be generally very empty.

Lastly the main 60+ % is eye excersises.
The best ones I have found arent actually the ones where you strengthen the muscle around the eye but they actualy focusing muscle itself this is done by taking a sheet of paper and drawing large X on it , I have smiley faces as I got it from a book.

draw a setup on a piece of A4 paper like this
length ways

x x

x x

x x

obviously aa bit wider apart
now try and focus in the middle of the two top X till you bring them both together and they for one X count for 100 and dont blink , this is very important you wont blink and your eyes will burn up and tear profusely , but still dont blink , this is the energy rising and clearing them out

then proceed to the next two X and do the same.

This process works wonders, Ive always ha da problem and if you do this every day youl se results like woww

lastly if you are determined you must start of by going out and buying a set of glasses or contact lenses that are about 0.5 or 0.75 weaker than what you wear to give your eye room to fix otherwise you will fix it at night wear the glasses that are full strength the next day and the muscle will weaken.
after 2-3 months go out and buy a set which is even less powerful

good luck

Wongsifu
05-07-2001, 10:50 PM
the X's are like this

0000000000000000000X00000X00000000000000000000
000000000000000X0000000000000X0000000000000000
0000000000X0000000000000000000000X0000000000000

woliveri
05-08-2001, 04:29 AM
Wongsifu, where did you get this exercise? From a book? What is the name of the book?

thanks

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

origenx
05-08-2001, 07:19 PM
wongsifu - thanks! but how exactly do I strengthen my liver and kidneys?

Interestingly, in yoga my lower back seems to be one of my sticking points - I can't hinge it down past 90 deg with my legs. So, I think I do have blockages in the abdomen area that need to be cleared. I've had bad slouching posture for awhile now, that I'm working on straightening now. I think it is all related.

Chris McKinley
05-09-2001, 08:02 AM
Just as a start, I recommend Standing Pole and also walking the circle with the Fire Palm from Baguazhang to strengthen Liver qi. Any qigong which stimulates movement or qi circulation in the mid-back is also going to have a beneficial effect on Liver qi. An example would be the Fold Nest sequence of Wild Goose qigong.

More generally, any Yin-heavy qigongs may also strengthen Liver indirectly. Herbally, Eyebright and Bilberry are good. Even Dong Quai, due to its Yin-tonifying effects, but build up to the recommended dose slowly to watch for side effects.

crumble
05-09-2001, 06:28 PM
Wongsifu, what book? I've been looking for a good book on this, too.

By the way, your description of the "X's" doesn't say how far the paper should be from your eyes... And do you make the X's appear in the same place? Is it crossing your eyes or looking out to the distance?

-c

origenx
05-10-2001, 07:36 PM
wongsifu - hmm, I like idea of not blinking to allow the toxins to coome out - but it seems incredibly hard not to just automatically blink after a long while. Do you just try real hard not to blink, or perhaps ever use your fingers to keep your eyelids open?

Wongsifu
05-14-2001, 12:29 AM
ok guys i dont know the name of the book a friend of mine gave it to me and i photocopied the smilies if i had a scanner id send it to you all

but here goes

about the smilies the page should be about arms length away from you

the X's or smileys should be about the size of a walnut

the distance should be about 1.5 inches 3.5 inches and the 3 one about 5 inches apart

ok you have to persuade yourself not to blink willingly, it burns its hard but it works wonders.

Lastly about chigung ok
about liver i donno specific qigong i just tap it lightly and it works

for kidneys embracing the tree pole position with the legs still but move the waist side to side

then lifting the sky breathe out, place the fists on the kidneys breathe in and bend forward whilest breathing out to touch the floor straight back of legs.
Its a sequence start again

thats it really guys its lat eabout 1:30 in the morning
take care e-mail me or post your questions up . but this stuff really fixes eyesite.

take care and happy practising

Ive finally done it I can train longer by getting paid to do nothing , and my parents always called me lazy :)
get paid online http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2475225

origenx
05-14-2001, 07:17 PM
"for kidneys embracing the tree pole position with the legs still but move the waist side to side"

so, just shift the waist side-to-side, or rotate the waist back and forth?

PS - what is that Spedia thing?

origenx
05-22-2001, 07:47 PM
wongsifu - Ok, I'm trying it, but how long before you started to see any noticeable results? What kind of progress did u make over time?

origenx
10-14-2001, 07:20 PM
Since nearsightedness appears to have grown epidemic and be related somehow to modernized culture - I've been trying to isolate exactly what factor of modern lifestyles might be largely accountable.

This may sound off-the-wall, but I was wondering if it might be possibly related to lack of breastfeeding. Less and less women these days breastfeed, and we all know that breastmilk (and possibly post-pregnancy "breast" qi) contains some very important nutrients for the baby. So, might mothers who don't breastfeed be depriving their baby of some vital nutrients or qi that makes them more susceptible to nearsughtedness later on in life?

Perhaps we could conduct a small informal survey here:

Please reply how your eyesight is and if you were or weren't breastfed as a baby (and if so, perhaps how long as well). And/or ask your friends.

I'm nearsighted and I WASN'T breastfed.

Next?

Repulsive Monkey
10-15-2001, 06:20 PM
The Bear Qi Gong is very good for the eyes as previously mentioned it will strength and tonify the Liver the Qi. The Bear Classic of Prof. Cheng Man-ching's I personally rate as a very good exercise for the eyes too.

It is a very good exercise to try and keep the eyes open for a s long as possible, becasue some practise you will realise that fluid dispersement of retinal fluids will regulate to allow you to keep the eyes open pretty much for as long as you want. This will focus the Shen more too.

origenx
10-15-2001, 06:57 PM
repulsive monkey - what exactly is the bear qigong? What has been desribed above about staring open-eyed at X's? Are there books or websites that describe exactly how to do the bear qigong (and Cheng Man-Ching's version)? Thanks!

Repulsive Monkey
10-16-2001, 10:31 AM
The Bear Qi Gong in genral comes from one of the Five Animal Frolics, which are said to be the original Qi Gong. Im sorry I can't give you any specific websites or books but Im quite sure there are pleny out there (check websites first).

Cheng Man-ching's Bear classic is a bit tricky as it was a secret exercise that he taught all his Taiwanese Disciples, and I think indirectly to a few of his American ones.

origenx
10-16-2001, 07:32 PM
Repulsive Monkey - If you could, could you please email me your best description of the Cheng Man-Ching's Bear Classis qigong to my email addres in my profile? I'd much appreciate it! Thanks very much.

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 02:04 AM
sit down, be comfy and circle eyes 36 times clockwise then 36 counter clockwise.

eyes open or eyes close, then rub hands together and place over eyes for 5 minutes. :)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com