PDA

View Full Version : A New Web Site

hskwarrior
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
hey folks,

i just put up a new website about my sigung Jew Leong, the only surviving si-hing from lau buns old group, 20 years before Doc Fai Wong entered the picture.

its address is: jewleong.zoomshare.com

pls check it out. and for the doc fai guys, this is a good chance to learn something about your si-sook.

i hope you like.

peace.

Eddie
10-26-2005, 02:54 AM
COOL! thanks sir. very nice and informative site. please can you do some more?

Maybe one on your sifu woul dbe very cool. I dig the old photos :)

So CLF is the oldest kung fu style in the us? :cool:

hskwarrior
10-26-2005, 07:59 AM
thanks eddie,

now when it comes to clf being the oldest style taught in the u.s., all i can say is that lau bun was the first known gung fu master teaching gung fu on american soil. there is a very old photo that can be found on the net of someone from the late 1800's - early 1900's holding a pair of butterfly knives.

i believe because of the railroad and such there were most likely other gung fu masters in the u.s. at the time. Lau bun was just the first to step up and establish a school.
the old master around lau buns time were:

lau bun,
ark wong yuey
t.y. wong

everyone else came much later. including bruce lee.

those were the first 3 pioneers of gung fu in america.

i'll get one up about my sifu and lau bun soon. its just that im taking these sections from my book im writing about our school.

thanks again eddie.

hsk

Eddie
10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
its a cool idea. would be cool to get more pages up like this of other masters too. perhaps build some kind of histrical site thing which has links to all these masters. almost like wikipedia, where people can add info about CLF masters and all the different branches can have input to it.

as i was typing i realised it can actually be a good idea, so im willing to help where i can. perhaps drag my buddy over who actually runs an internet service provider company. you think it can work? you thnk other CLF people will play along?