PDA

View Full Version : A message from Mr Joe Keit

hskwarrior
10-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Well folks as we all know florida was hit pretty bad with that old crazy biatch Wilma. and not even Joe Keit's Choy Lee Fut could stand up to wilma's "mother nature fist".

I spoke to him on the phone tonite and he said "i'm sitting in the f'n dark!" Fortunately for him he stocked up on some necessities. Hopefully they will come out of this soon, but Joe says things are a little rough, but he is OK.

Joe, we are praying for you guys, and i hope your sifu is ok as well.

Pls every one say a little prayer or offer a little help.

thanks

hsk

gwa sow
10-31-2005, 07:50 AM
im down here in fl with joe. he has power back. i'm in the dark. they say by nov 22 everyone should have it back. :mad: :mad: we were lucky though. not much rain with this storm, only a lot of wind.

Sow Choy
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Frank,

I have power back... yay!!! CLFNole still has no power... but he is ok too...

Our Ft Lauderdale school has suffered some roof damage... Bad leaks, and also still no power... But hopefully we can get the roof fixed soon...

Many people here did not prepare and there were many people waiting in line for ice and water for days...

I myself bought 4 bags of ice and plenty of water ahead of time... but I had no way to cook, I need to buy a grill...

This hurricane was like nothing I ever experienced before... So powerfull...

Afterwards, it was very weird being in the dark with no lights, food, gas and all the other things we take for granted...

Played alot of guitar and caught up on some reading, met many people, seems like everyone was very friendly...

No traffic lights, no gas stations open, no restaurants, no movie theaters, powerlines down laying across the road, phone poles broken in half...

crazy...

But now things are slowly goin back to normal... I just hope the powers at be think of how to make florida more hurricane proof, or I may have to start lookin at moving somewhere else...

Anyways... Hope gwa sow gets some power soon...:D

Joe

TenTigers
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Joe,
Glad you are doing ok. My Mom lives nearby in Coconut Creek 'The Township".
She just got her power back. Little damage-screens ripped off enclosed patio. some roof leaks. Her car was in the driveway and ywo trees fell on it, hardly a scratch, meanwhile her neighbor's car was in the garage and everything was saken off the walls and it got totaled! -go figure. My OL, sez that's my Dad's spirit watching over her. Hmph! Where was Dad when my windshield got cracked?:p
Rik

CLFNole
11-01-2005, 07:02 PM
After 9 long days finally got power, cable and the internet back. I was really beginning to lose hope. Thanks to all of the people working the arses off to help us out down here.

Eddie
11-02-2005, 01:42 AM
shees, what you guys complaining about. i would love to have 9 days off work. specially if i lived near a beach:rolleyes:

glad you are all safe.

gwa sow
11-02-2005, 08:03 AM
well, i finally got power back yesterday. a little difficult practicing at the school in the dark with a leaky roof. makes the 2 man sets a little interesting.:D - eddie

Ou Ji
11-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Looks like things getting back to normal there. I didn't realize how bad it was this time around. I have some family down near West Palm and thought I was going to have to send a food drop.

I was out of pocket for a week and was surprised when I heard the post-hurricane conditions. Seems like the hurricanes are getting a little more destructive these days.

Eddie
11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
gwa sow,
who wants to practice if you can surf :) (erm, this comming from an inlander who has never been on a surfboard). Oh, I forgot, there arent many waves down there. :cool:

I just need a holiday, thats all ;)

Ou Ji
11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Sure there are, they're probably breaking on his front yard.
:p

Eddie
11-02-2005, 05:04 PM
:cool: but they do live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world

JAZA
11-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Force you guys in Florida.

I'm sure you have the strength and the kung fu to pass well this situation.

hope and axe,

Jaza