PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way?

kung-fu ninja
10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum. How are you all doing? I was wondering what the best way of learning kung-fu is with out having lessons. I'm really into it and I'll do anything to get good.

Thankyou Will x:)

MasterKiller
10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
O s m o s i s .

kung-fu ninja
10-27-2005, 11:32 AM
What the hell does that mean?

PangQuan
10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
do a google to find out what osmosis means.

as far as learning kung fu without lessons, you cannot. Not if you are talking about a stylised version of chinese martial arts.

what you can do is get a decent personal work out plan to get your body in shape to begin lessons. then look for a master.

bo_hou_chuan
10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Most people believe the only way to learn something; you actually have to have a teacher. If that doesn't fit in for you, you could get all of the back issues of Kung Fu Magazine and study the articles.

MasterKiller
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
EDIT--**** slow forum. You guys spoiled my fun.

David Jamieson
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
hmmm, i wonder how the first tactician figured out how to outflank his enemy.

having a teachre saves you time. You don't need to repeat mistakes that are made for you.

if you want to learn how to fight, go and fight.

if you want to learn art, you must learn theory and have a method of practice. It is much more effective to acquire this teaching from someone who has stood on the shoulders of others and has mistakes made for him already as well.

it's (ma) evolutionary.

Wong Fei Hong
10-28-2005, 04:58 AM
On another note since its obvious that for one reason or another you cant learn from a teacher, then the best thing is to pick up a book on lots of different kung fu styles , or search out the different styles on the net, pick out the one you want to learn, then buy a few books on that style and maybe videos.

Its no substitute for a teacher, but its better than drinking booze smoking pot and doing bugger all with your life. ! ;)

Once you find the style you like im sure people here can reccomend a good book or video set about it.

PangQuan
10-28-2005, 08:17 AM
hmmm, i wonder how the first tactician figured out how to outflank his enemy.

having a teachre saves you time. You don't need to repeat mistakes that are made for you.

if you want to learn how to fight, go and fight.

if you want to learn art, you must learn theory and have a method of practice. It is much more effective to acquire this teaching from someone who has stood on the shoulders of others and has mistakes made for him already as well.

it's (ma) evolutionary.

It has been said that life is the greatest teacher of them all.

With this in mind we can see how the early tactitioners aquired their skill; combat.