PDA

View Full Version : Jin Shi Kui, 6 Harmony Mantis

Sal Canzonieri
10-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have any bio info at all for
Jin Shi Kui, one of the earliest named ancestors for Mantis style,
and practicioner of 6 Harmone Mantis (not the more modern version).

records from Shanxi Province show that he traveled there from Shandong Province and taught famous Xin Yi master Dai Long Bang early on.

that's all I could fine.

Any info you can present, I would be most grateful
(for research on influence of Mantis on Dai Xin Yi Quan style )
You can PM me if you rather instead.

he is also known as: Jin Ye Lao Shi / Jin Shi Kui / Kui Lao Shi

thanks

Three Harmonies
10-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Great post Sal! If you find out anything privately I would surely be interested in it, since I play both Liuhe Tanglang as well as Xing Yi!

Thanks
Jake :D

Shadowboxer
10-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Jake,

I've been meaning to ask you what weapons does Master Hu teach?

Three Harmonies
10-31-2005, 06:20 AM
He knows a ton, but focuses mostly on fighting. I have learned the Zhan Ma Dao from him. My brothers play the two handed sword, basic dao etc. He knows most of the standard ones, but most of us spend our time on fighting instead of weapons forms. On hi website their is a nice gallery of different toys he knows!

Cheers
Jake :)

Sal Canzonieri
11-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Jin Shi Kui.
Shifu Jin Ye lived during the late 1700's or early 1800's. Shifu Jin Ye developed the Liu He Tang Lang Quan at the Qing Dynasty, including the fierce and violent hand attacks of the Praying Mantis and mixing them with the soft and quick stepping technique of the monkey, both melt hamoniously forming an extraordinary Wu Shu system.
When developing the Liu He Tang Lang Quan, shifu Jin Ye had friends that trained other gong fu styles, and that was convenient for him to absorb these techniques finishing the collection of the 18 families into one system. Since these times Liu He Tang Lang Quan has the reputation of being a solid fighting system.