PDA

View Full Version : BTL- Why did you delete your own thread??

WhiteMonkey
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
........??????

xifanghong
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Bungbukuen posted there just before, must have been to do with that.

WhiteMonkey
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
really ?.......what did he say that was so bad, that he would delete his own thread....was it really bad?

maybe he could have just deleated his post....hay Bungbukuen, what did you post??

Three Harmonies
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
White monkey
I could care less about all this mumbo jumbo, but I have one small request........
If you are going to continue to talk sh..... ooop's....... smack, and in general act like a troll (not saying, just saying) could you be courteous enough to at least share your name and lineage?
Thanks
Jake :)

WhiteMonkey
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
You going to call me a **** talker and a troll and then ask me for my info.......

If anyone is a troll here........it's you homie

"SNAP!! "

Just because I'm not here to play pattycake with the rest of you, my points are still valid, BTL calls me in a thread, then deleates it, while I'm posting him a reply...........and I question it.........so I'm a troll...........please!

BeiTangLang
11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
You going to call me a **** talker and a troll and then ask me for my info.......

If anyone is a troll here........it's you homie

"SNAP!! "

Just because I'm not here to play pattycake with the rest of you, my points are still valid, BTL calls me in a thread, then deleates it, while I'm posting him a reply...........and I question it.........so I'm a troll...........please!

I deleted it because I really didn't want your input after thinking about it. If you still feel the urge to "Discuss", I can re-post the quote I had questioned.

bungbukuen
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BTL
I found this post of yours interesting enough for the mantis community(If not for the community,...then for myself. Either way, its mantis...) to ask you point blank, what are you talking about??

Don't assume that I know anything about mantis or the politics & just spill your guts out to me. While your at it, show me some documentation (or at least verbal confirmation of your sources) for proof of your statements.

Oh,..and since my mind is not what it once was,...who is your instructor again??

Lets discuss,....

~BTL

I think that is what BTL originally posted. Please correct me if I am wrong BTL and I will edit it immediatley. If not appropriate altogether quoting your original post verbatim I can also delete it. No worries, your call. Anyway my follow up went something like this...

I am guessing White Monkey might have been talking about Sifu Cottrell and the entire disciple incident.

I myself noticed lot of people spent a lot of time in a lot of threads talking about the word disciple and basically how in a nut shell it was over rated. But then at the same time seems people did not have too much to say about teachers who use the word publicly or even fabricate it. I think that might be the contrast White Monkey was talking about when he mentioned support. But then again it would be better to hear directly from him.

As for what White Monkey meant about Sifu Cottrell teachers and who they are I have know idea. But I am guessing BTL like you said it was probably just a smoke screen to draw more attention back onto the Sifu Cottrell incident.

About documentation I think I read on another forum somewhere that the Lai family lineage knows exactly who is and who is not on the disciple list so to speak. But it seems they have made something of a group decision to keep their disciples names confidential and not publish it on any internet forums. I really do not blame them. If there are more doubts BTL about more people claiming to be disciples, it just might just be easier to go directly to the source and check things out. I do not think White Monkey will have anything.

Three Harmonies I noticed you were fairly outspoken and vocal on the whole issue of disciple. I tend to agree. I also know you pride yourself on being non PC and outspoken on all issues. Commendable. But you seemed to have absolutely nothing to say on the entire issue of people of claiming to be recognized disciples when they are not. Basically issues of honesty and integrity which I thought you would have jumped all over. Your thoughts perhaps for discussion?

Oh yes and lets hear from White Monkey....

Three Harmonies
11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
WM
The one simple way to prove you are not a **** talker, or troll is simply to post who you are. (Not to mention I did not call you either, but I referred to you acting like one, which BTW you are doing once more)
I am personally tired of you guys who talk your trash and act big as life behind a monitor and keyboard. Now please understand I do not mind trash talking, as I am privy to it myself ;) , but at least I have the huevos (I sincerely hope this is accpetable to all censors) to share my name and not hide behind a veil. I am not sure what you are afraid of, but I apologize for making you feel threatened or cornered. I was only trying to give you an opportunity to prove to all your critics that you were in fact NOT a troll.

Cheers

WhiteMonkey
11-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Homie I don’t have to prove jack to you, and show me where I was acting big?
or was it your self, when you chimed in?

"threatened or cornered." ..... not from you "Jake"

BTL you know what I'm talking about, don’t act like you don’t, the only reason you deleted my thread was to save face ....so go on and save it.......

As for your teacher its funny how sooner or later the truth comes out...

By the way my comment was ment to be a comment that’s it, I don’t have to go over it, explain it, break it down...none of that....

I know that he's your teacher, and it must bother you but keep your personal feeling to your self, just because, I'm not a supporter the MQ Clan , like your buddy "Jake", doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to post here, be heard, and say what I want with out being challenged, EVEN IF IT IS ABOUT YOUR TEACHER

If you really think about, by calling me out....maybe your the troll......2nd strike, do you have a personal issue with me because I dont agree with you?......

Anyways......all I had to say was your teacher claims to be something he is not for personal gain, and glory, just like his teacher. setting up conference’s and forums and blah...blah...blah....all for the mantis community......more like for himself.....please....if you only knew, oh wait you do!

Now go ahead and delete it again........

BeiTangLang
11-02-2005, 04:36 AM
Homie I don’t have to prove jack to you, and show me where I was acting big?
or was it your self, when you chimed in?

"threatened or cornered." ..... not from you "Jake"

BTL you know what I'm talking about, don’t act like you don’t, the only reason you deleted my thread was to save face ....so go on and save it.......

As for your teacher its funny how sooner or later the truth comes out...

By the way my comment was ment to be a comment that’s it, I don’t have to go over it, explain it, break it down...none of that....

I know that he's your teacher, and it must bother you but keep your personal feeling to your self, just because, I'm not a supporter the MQ Clan , like your buddy "Jake", doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to post here, be heard, and say what I want with out being challenged, EVEN IF IT IS ABOUT YOUR TEACHER

If you really think about, by calling me out....maybe your the troll......2nd strike, do you have a personal issue with me because I dont agree with you?......

Anyways......all I had to say was your teacher claims to be something he is not for personal gain, and glory, just like his teacher. setting up conference’s and forums and blah...blah...blah....all for the mantis community......more like for himself.....please....if you only knew, oh wait you do!

Now go ahead and delete it again........

"Who are they supporting who claims to be something he's not....just like his teacher?? This sounds interesting. "
[FYI,...the exact quote was , "So what does that mean, I can type up a post that i spoke with....blah...blah...blah, and they stated that....blah...blah....
come on??

You guys are supporting a guy who claims to be something he's not....just like his teacher....figure it out.....hahahahahahah

laughing all the way, you guys belive everything you read???

If you only knew.....now watch BTL close this one!

lets discuss.....
" from the "Announcement2" thread.]

Well I can safely say your talking about Sifu Cottrell now. So,...who they are supporting is Steve Cottrell; who has admitted that he was not a "disciple" but still a student & still passing along Brendan Lai's Mantis.

So, what about the "Just like his teacher" part?
~BTL

xifanghong
11-02-2005, 04:45 AM
"Just like his teacher"

WM looks like you want to say that Brendan Lai's skills were not up to being a teacher or that he lied about his lineage? That's quite serious. Can you clarify?

BeiTangLang
11-02-2005, 06:53 AM
You said "Lets discuss".

I've asked the questions you have alluded to have the aswers to.
All I'm asking for is the answer & from where you recieved it.

~BTL

Three Harmonies
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM
WM is a joke, that is fairly obvious. Why are you using my name is quaotations?
Jake

shirkers1
11-02-2005, 12:05 PM
"Just like his teacher"

WM looks like you want to say that Brendan Lai's skills were not up to being a teacher or that he lied about his lineage? That's quite serious. Can you clarify?

My thoughts exactly zifangchong...

WM please clarify. Also are you the same WhiteMonkey on bullshido?

I like to hear both sides of every story then make my own decisions.

Might I add, speaking from experience that answering in a smart ass tone will not get you much respect or in the end the answers you're looking for. I'm the biggest dip at doing that on these boards and at times I wish I wouldn't come off like that.

BeiTangLang
11-03-2005, 10:39 AM
really ?.......what did he say that was so bad, that he would delete his own thread....was it really bad?

maybe he could have just deleated his post....hay Bungbukuen, what did you post??

It had nothing to do with anything other than my not wanting my post up anymore; but since you revived it:

You said "Lets discuss".

( I am curious about your name & lineage as well....beings that you know mine, I would like to know yours as well)

Best Wishes as always,
~BTL

-N-
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
How many identities does a Troll need?
Didn't think I knew did you??
I know a lot of things.
Hehehe... BTL, your IP Log Fu must be very fierce :)

N.

shirkers1
11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I WANT MY ANSWERS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Okay it's as simple as this, if I don't answers from WM than trent and I will have to activate super powers. See before and after pics. The super finger (su fi) will reign supreme.

BeiTangLang
11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Hehehe... BTL, your IP Log Fu must be very fierce :)

N.

LOL! Nah,...I just thought it sounded good.

DUDE! Keep the super-finger under wraps!......Well, at least untill we get some answers. If he doesn't, then we should all give him the finger.
~BTL

shirkers1
11-03-2005, 02:35 PM
LOL! Nah,...I just thought it sounded good.

DUDE! Keep the super-finger under wraps!......Well, at least untill we get some answers. If he doesn't, then we should all give him the finger.
~BTL

:D he said under wraps..

su fi pic edited

Three Harmonies
11-03-2005, 04:12 PM
You guys crack me up :D :D ! I am proud to be grouped with such admirable delingquents! ;)

shirkers1
11-03-2005, 04:22 PM
You guys crack me up :D :D ! I am proud to be grouped with such admirable delingquents! ;)

I'm glad to be lumped in with a cussin', non character passin', mo fo such as yo' self jake... :D

Although my art was silenced by the man, I feel that the essence still rings clear in the PG-13 version.

STILL WAITING WM!!!!

WhiteMonkey
11-07-2005, 11:18 AM
"By the way my comment was ment to be a comment that’s it, I don’t have to go over it, explain it, break it down...none of that...."

Can you read? What part of this can't you understand?

If you cant figure it out, go ask your teacher....... I dont need to explain jack, also, there are many who do know what I'm talking about ...who lurk and dont post, right now they are reading this, and understand what Im saying, sorry that you do not.

Also, you can troll talk, all day, give me the finger, whatever you want, hopefully you don't act like this in real life.....someone doesnt give or share with you and you call them bad, names and act like teenagers.

pretty boring.......

and on a side note, I never questioned anyone skills, again...all I was saying is your teacher is pretending to be something he is not....just like his teacher....
who said it had anything to do with skill or kung fu at that, figure it out.....

shirkers1
11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=WhiteMonkey
Also, you can troll talk, all day, give me the finger, whatever you want, hopefully you don't act like this in real life.....someone doesnt give or share with you and you call them bad, names and act like teenagers.

pretty boring.......[/QUOTE]

"all I had to say was your teacher claims to be something he is not for personal gain, and glory, just like his teacher."

first quote..

troll talk? Asking you to explain yourself in detail so those on the outside can get a clearer picture of both sides isn't troll talk. Just like I said I like to get both sides of the story. Actually I just wanted a reason to put that pic of me and trent on there because it's funny, so really nothing personal. But since you didn't answer I guess I'll say "yes" if you were in front of me and playing this game I would let the middle digit ring loud and clear because now you deserve it.

second quote...

sounds to me like you're saying lai was a fake as well? I'd really just like to know why you would say something like that. Mind you I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what you say, just wondering why you think so. I personally didn't like his flavor, but that's me. I wouldn't call hima fake or anything but take it how you will.

once again are you the same white monkey on bullshido?

BeiTangLang
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Original qoute,..."Lets discuss"

Can you read? What part of this can't you understand?

Yup,..I read very well thank you. You re-opened the can, so lets discuss.
So far you have been quite the coward. No evidence of an alluded to claim, too ashamed (or scared) to list your name or lineage. Be a man.
~Roy Baker
Student of Steve Cottrell
Student of Brendan Lai

Ou Ji
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
and on a side note, I never questioned anyone skills, again...all I was saying is your teacher is pretending to be something he is not....just like his teacher....
who said it had anything to do with skill or kung fu at that, figure it out.....

I don't get it. No disrespect but is Lai Sifu pretending to be dead? Or did he pretend to be Chinese?

If it isn't skill or kung fu then it must be .......

He's really a girl wearing men's clothes?
:D

shirkers1
11-07-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't get it. No disrespect but is Lai Sifu pretending to be dead? Or did he pretend to be Chinese?

If it isn't skill or kung fu then it must be .......

He's really a girl wearing men's clothes?

Well he rocked the pompadore so that's cool all on it's own. :D

-N-
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I don't get it. No disrespect but is Lai Sifu pretending to be dead? I'd have a dream every once in a while about that being the case. Then I'd wake up and go, "Dang, Just a dream."

N.

BeiTangLang
11-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd have a dream every once in a while about that being the case. Then I'd wake up and go, "Dang, Just a dream."

N.

Yup. I had one of those. "Show me what I taught you!....Faster. Harder! Bah! You would already be dead!" LOL! Ah well....Maybe our paths will cross again.

With fond (but few) memories,
~BTL

BeiTangLang
11-08-2005, 09:11 AM
WM, where is the discussion. You are posting else-where.

You said "Lets discuss".

You called me out for deleting my thread then refuse to asnwer the question that was on it. If you didn't want to continue the discussion after all, you should have kept quiet.

Be a man.

bungbukuen
11-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Shirkers,

Master Brendan Lai was a highly respected teacher and a highly respected fighter. If you are going to make comments about not liking Master Lais "flavour" then at least have the COURTESY and RESPECT to explain what you dont like about his fight game. We are all listening...

shirkers1
11-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Shirkers,

Master Brendan Lai was a highly respected teacher and a highly respected fighter. If you are going to make comments about not liking Master Lais "flavour" then at least have the COURTESY and RESPECT to explain what you dont like about his fight game. We are all listening...

I never met the man in person, I've heard many great things about him from fellow practitioners. Read many articles on him and had high standards as to what he was capable of. The only video material I've seen of him at the time was when he was in his later years. Recently I did get to see some vid from him when he was younger and I liked that viewing a lot more very crisp and clean. So I can't comment on what he was capable of which I didn't by the way. I've never seen the man fight or move in person. So I would never say he wasn't a good fighter or sucked in general. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth or make it out like I was bad mouthing someone.

What I said was his "flavor" meaning the way he looked while performing forms that I saw I didn't really like flavor wise. I like the way my teacher moves in his forms and that's a personal taste, but I don't like the way his teacher moves in forms. I did like the way his teacher fought though. That doesn't mean I don't think either of them are less martial artists.. ;) Just like music or movies. You like the way they look or sound. It doesn't mean that the music or movie isn't good. Just a personal taste in flavor that's all. So get off of your high mountain of thin skin and relax. :cool:

So I'm sure that my answer wasn't RESPECTFUL enough for you, or maybe it was I don't know. But I think you probably know that I don't care either. ;) Since when are we not allowed to have a personal opinion of what we like or not like?

mark e mark out!

On a side note I'll be happy to RESPECT you enough to show you some COURTESY and discuss this face to face if you like.... You have my contact information.

Ou Ji
11-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Shame on you shirkers1 for having an opinion and speaking your mind. :p

shirkers1
11-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Shame on you shirkers1 for having an opinion and speaking your mind. :p

Thanks ou ji.. :) It's been a while since I've cracked a smile. I needed that. :)

I don't know man lately stuff just sucks and I really don't need some cat on a computer questioning my opinions like I can't have one. Especially making it out like I'm saying something I'm not.

Bungbo you picked the wrong time to be calling me out. Even if you would have just asked me to explain myself without the "attitude" I would have been fine I think. But for some reason this isn't sitting well with me right now. :mad:

Ou Ji
11-11-2005, 09:26 AM
I just have a problem with touchy cry baby Martial Artists. In my book a real MA speaks his mind and stands up to it. There's a difference between being rude or disrespectful and having an opinion.

I've seen a lot of guys that move really weird to me and I don't care for it much but it seems to work for them.

You get more respect from me speaking your mind than caving in to popular opinion and being politically correect.

D a m n, we need a less politically correct way to say politically correct.

shirkers1
11-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I just have a problem with touchy cry baby Martial Artists. In my book a real MA speaks his mind and stands up to it. There's a difference between being rude or disrespectful and having an opinion.

I've seen a lot of guys that move really weird to me and I don't care for it much but it seems to work for them.

You get more respect from me speaking your mind than caving in to popular opinion and being politically correect.

D a m n, we need a less politically correct way to say politically correct.

Exactly... agree 100%

bungbukuen
11-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks Shirkers for explaining.

I just dont want to see anyone pull another WM. There has been enough nonesense on this thread already.

Ouji - agreed it is perfectly legitamate to have an opinion and a different one at that. But speaking up for oneself also means explaining oneself. I think it just helps the rest of us understand where you are coming from. I think its fair.

Peace

Ou Ji
11-12-2005, 08:45 AM
A little bit of explanation always helps to avoid unnecessary argument. His use of the word flavor indicated to me it was more of a personal taste thing.

Pressing for specifics will get you nowhere when it comes to personal taste. It's also easy to misjudge intentions when reading Internet forums, especially with limited wording.

Now back to leaning on WhiteMonkey to explain his comments. :D

shirkers1
11-14-2005, 08:21 AM
A little bit of explanation always helps to avoid unnecessary argument. His use of the word flavor indicated to me it was more of a personal taste thing.

Pressing for specifics will get you nowhere when it comes to personal taste. It's also easy to misjudge intentions when reading Internet forums, especially with limited wording.

Now back to leaning on WhiteMonkey to explain his comments. :D

Once again agree...

As for WM I'm afraid here is where the spine ends.. This cat doesn't seem to have one, so we'll never get an answer. ;)